● General: A very unique culture is inspiring you right now, so today you need to start trying to integrate it into your life more. Whether you do it through the food you eat, the music you listen to, or the places you hang out in, immersing yourself in something new will invigorate you and fill you with an incredible sense that anything is possible. The world is full of different ways of living, and you need to understand that you have more options than you realize.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Only the most dedicated would make it in to the office today. You can fritter away the day or you can make some serious points by just showing up. Your call.
● Finances: Everything to do with your finances seems to have come to a halt. If you look a bit more closely, though, you'll see there really is a tiny bit of movement. It's slow, but it's there, and it's in the right direction. Be thankful for even this level of activity.
● Love: So maybe a fantastic vacation isn't out of the question. Economy be damned! You need some fun! Take advantage of your single's status and go to where the dating scene's on fire: San Diego, Honolulu, Seattle or Austin. Bring along a few of your favorite single pals, and get ready for the time of your life!
● General: You don't have to prove yourself to anyone, so if someone is putting pressure on you to hurry up right now, tell them to mind their own business. You know what is best for you right now, and you just have to keep doing it -- at your own pace! Some people are always in a hurry and they have a distorted sense of deadlines. So just take your time and appreciate the smaller things in life. Those mountains that you want to climb aren't going anywhere anytime soon!
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Most goals you'll hear people talk about are geared towards the masses. You need to come up with some of your own. Those that are individually tailored to suit your career should be kept private, too.
● Finances: The profits you reap today have less to do with money than truth, although the money is certainly there. You'll see its limitations in the glaring light of day or realize once and for all who values you for your financial status alone. The enlightened you is the real dividend.
● Love: Honesty is a great thing when it comes to your online profile. Maybe you're not ready for a big, heavy romance right now -- and that's okay. You can still mingle in cyberspace. If you're looking for friendship, companionship sans sex, say it. You'll meet plenty of others who want the same.
● General: Start relying on your recent dreams for insight -- these odd images hold valuable clues about what's been going on with a certain friend. You've been a bit suspicious of this person for a while, but haven't been able to put your finger on exactly what the problem is. Your dreams could help you think in a new way and enable you to see what's been going on with them. Come up with a theory and talk about it with mutual acquaintances -- they might shed the last bit of light so you can all see the truth.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You're dreaming about change, but you'll actually be able to make it happen if you narrow down the field. Focus on your job and come up with a goal that's not pie in the sky.
● Finances: You can accept some limitations that living frugally imposes, but not others. Use your irritation as a way to generate enthusiasm and determination to work your way free of these restrictions. Concentrating your efforts is the best way to dig yourself out of the hole.
● Love: The outcome is always up to you, that's why it's imperative to plan ahead. Don't ever go on a date without defining specifics, especially an end time, agreed upon in advance. If the chemistry's flowing, you can always stay longer. But if it's not, you've already established an out.
● General: You'll be in the middle of all the action today, because no one else will be up to the task of directing people the way you are! You can't wait to be the boss, and you are ready to be the boss! Your quick mind, boundless energy and direct manner of speaking impress people more than you realize -- they are waiting for you to tell them what to do and how to do it. Be a gentle leader instead of a tyrannical one. You have the capability to inspire people, so don't waste your energy.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: If you think lolling about for one more day is a good use of your time, then you're in tune with others in your office. Calling in is not even necessary. Enjoy.
● Finances: Lack of funds makes you want to socialize less. In fact, it makes you want to curl up under a rock. Don't. You can be just as charming and witty as ever, and that is all people really value you for anyway. Get back on the horse with something simple like a lunch date.
● Love: All this inner talk is very interesting, but if you don't share it with another person, it means nothing. Open up. If you're into this newfound hottie, lay it on the line. Or, don't hesitate to end this short-lived but dull fling. The momentum is in your favor right now, and you can't lose.
● General: You enjoy learning just as much as the next person, but today when someone talks down to you and acts like they know it all, you're not going to have too much patience for their attitude. Do not waste time humoring someone who thinks they can teach you something when they can't. Do yourself and them a favor and cut them off before they get on a roll. Tell them thanks but no thanks, and then just keep on doing whatever it was you were doing before they stuck their nose into your business.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: It's a good day to do research, but not in the office. Spend the day listening to your instinct. You need to know if you're on the right career path for the coming year.
● Finances: Finishing what you start is more than your mother's old lamentation. It's also the law of the land. You don't have to give it your best. You can do a slap dash job or a hurried job, but something more is required of you before you take on anything new.
● Love: You're really into yourself right now. It's all about 'me me me.' But honey, this is dating suicide. Remember everyone likes to talk about themselves, so if you're trying to impress someone, let him or her do the talking, for now. You'll have plenty of time for sharing later on.
● General: Avoid combative people and try to surround yourself with people who are capable of seeing all sides of an argument today. The last thing you need right now is to deal with negative energy. You've been in too good of a mood for too long, and there is no need to disrupt your good vibes unnecessarily. There will be a big choice you need to make around the middle of the day. Choose the option that enables you to control your time the most. You shouldn't be under someone else's authority.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Not everyone is a workaholic. Taking the day off is certainly excusable. Whether you do or don't, respect the decisions of colleagues, at least until Monday.
● Finances: You've been forced to do some soul searching and your research is officially over. You've learned more about yourself than you realize, even if the reason you're through with your introspection isn't more than landing a new job or finding an affordable pad. You may not feel enlightened yet, but you're closer to it than you think.
● Love: You're in tune with expressions of the nonverbal type -- you'll have the most success connecting with another person if you pay attention to gestures. Crossed arms, averted eye contact and a closed-off posture are bad signs. Animated movements, touching and gazing? That's where it's at!
● General: Get more aggressive with people who are dragging their feet today -- especially where business is concerned. You've been held back by other people for far too long, and there is no reason you should have to take it any longer! Speak up louder for yourself today, and you can change things for the better. But if you can't get people to shape up, then separate yourself from their bad energy by separating yourself from them. You aren't where you need to be, and you know it.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Don't expect to make progress today and you won't be disappointed. Show some flexibility. Coworkers are. The work week will be back to normal soon enough for everyone.
● Finances: To be rich, young and beautiful -- ah, it's a beautiful thing. But having just one of the three isn't too hard on the eyes, either. You finally get more money than you need, and not a minute too soon. Enjoy.
● Love: Some people pity your single lifestyle. They equate being in a relationship with happiness. If only you'd find the right guy or girl. The setups do get old, and you tend to feel resentful after a while. But you love your crazy life! Just accept their concerns -- they only want the best for you.
● General: Your heart is open to new beginnings, and you are ready to toss aside old habits and old ideas. Today, moving forward has never felt so good -- and it has never been more possible. In your professional life, it's finally the right time to start talking to your boss about taking on new responsibilities -- and maybe even getting a raise. In your personal life, it's also a great time to start asking for what you really want out of your relationship. It's a good day to start anything, actually.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Too much time off can get a bit dull. Use your imagination if you want to come up with a lovely way to kill time. And if you can't come up with anything more creative, then hit the office.
● Finances: You love all the contests of life and yet shy away from discord. It's a dichotomy that makes success a bit hard to handle, much less fight for. Unless you're content waiting for it to fall in your lap, you'll have to suffer with a bit of discomfort in order to get ahead. Being a graceful winner takes real daring.
● Love: Okay. So you're finally at a great place in your life. Before you get hooked up for good again, do some traveling -- by yourself! Go wherever you want; do whatever you want. Without a companion, you're on nobody's schedule but your own. Relish this alone time.
● General: Young people may not know the ways of the world, but they do understand one thing -- that anything is possible. This is the kind of optimism that you should expose yourself to, so try to spend time with children or teenagers today. Find out if anyone needs you to baby sit, or pay a visit to some younger relatives. Being around these young people will give you a fresh, new perspective on your life. Plus, you'll be able to dispense some sage advice to them, which will make you feel great.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: If you've been losing relatively small things like keys or cell phones, then let that determine whether you go to work or stay put at home. Don't risk losing important office opportunities.
● Finances: Don't feel like having to go over the smaller details is a form of punishment. Someone has to do it, and you are by far the best qualified for the job. If you look at both the small and the large picture simultaneously, you'll see yourself in a plum job.
● Love: The pain you feel comes from the heart. Whether someone broke yours or your broke theirs, you're suffering from the emotional hangover. It's okay to hide in your personal space. If that involves a pint of Cherry Garcia and a depressing movie, go for it. The experience will only enhance your empathy.
● General: Everyone makes mistakes, so if someone you admire has let you down with their recent behavior, try not to be too tough on them. Remind yourself of the times you have let people down and realize that no one is perfect. Your standards need to be realistic, not idealistic. Are you making it impossible for anyone to live up to them? You have a responsibility to communicate how upset you are, but you have no right to judge them. Be compassionate and forgiving.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: You have plenty of time to advance on a personal project, for a change. Whether it's creative writing or simply cleaning out the closet, don't even consider going to work.
● Finances: It takes more than integrity and decency to enjoy the right kind of success, but you won't be happy in life without these bare necessities. Don't let yourself be tempted to sell down the river the things you hold most dear. It won't be worth it at any price.
● Love: You're idealizing everything too much. No, the grass isn't greener. If you need proof, spend the weekend with a married couple. To really bring it home, make sure they have kids. After 48 hours of insanity, you'll appreciate the awesome life you live. Cherish it!
● General: If you're feeling pent up or restricted in some way right now, just remember that you have control over your destiny. No one else does -- no matter how influential they might be. Freedom isn't something that someone can give to you, it is something that you have to take for yourself. In terms of a relationship, it might be time to get your distance from someone who isn't exactly bringing out the best in you. You will be all right by yourself, don't worry.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: If you think you can afford not to go to the office today, you've been mislead. There is plenty to do, including earning points. Get yourself there by hook or by crook.
● Finances: The memory of old relatives is plaguing you. Whether they were off their rockers or just eccentric, you've never considered them good role models. A single discovery can change your whole opinion of them, and no, it's not a will or any other kind of financial windfall that clears their name.
● Love: Don't let that intense love connection totally absorb your attention. Other priorities lie ahead, and any divergence could cause a serious disaster. For now, stay focused on your responsibilities. You'll have plenty of time for romance soon enough.
● General: You cannot let someone else's bad mood turn your sunny outlook into a fog-covered sky today. As much as you would like to sit with a blue friend and commiserate over life's little dramas, today you need to stay focused and on your own path. Let them go off in a corner and mope while you carry on with life and get things done. It's not that you don't care -- it's just that you aren't going to be doing them any favors by getting into a bad mood along with them.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You're not quite ready to go back to assisting others. Give yourself this last day off to do something for yourself for a change. Come Monday, you'll have more energy to help colleagues.
● Finances: You need to clear your head if you want to make sound financial decisions. Treating yourself to something like a good dinner is not a waste of money. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Some kind of poetry for the soul is just what your portfolio needs to grow.
● Love: Now is the time to blow it out -- totally. If you've never stayed out all night long, do it! Crash at a friend's, hook up with a hottie or head to Vegas on a whim. Whatever it is, make it memorable. Indulge in a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.