● General: Peace and calm will be hard to maintain in a group today. There are too many agitators, and they are having way too much fun making waves. You can choose to join in with them, or step into the role of disciplinarian. Follow your mood on this one -- if you feel like getting things back on track, then crack the whip. But if time isn't pressing and you feel like taking it easy right now, hop onto the goof-off bandwagon and contribute your own zany ideas.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You want to meet your challenges head on, but holding back is your best approach. New details will be revealed, so the longer you wait the more informed you will be. Force yourself to dawdle.
● Finances: The days are going by, but a bit too slowly for your taste. You're excited about both, the end of something and the beginning of the next. You can't wait to say goodbye to things going wrong. Start anticipating a deserved time of renewal.
● Love: You'll find comfort in rituals. That's why now's a great time to cultivate a daily or weekly observance. It can be anything: a hot bubble bath, a noon nap, a climb up a rock wall -- whatever it is, relish the experience and give yourself something to look forward to.
● General: A friend has been chiding you for being too hard on yourself, and they are right. It's time that you realized just what a rock star you are! Beating yourself up over something that happened in the past (that you can't change now) doesn't do anything except hurt your self-esteem. It also keeps you from taking important risks in the future. You've got to be honest with yourself today. You have all the charm, good-looks and smarts that add up to one fantastic person. Pat yourself on the back.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Just calm down. The more at ease you feel, the more productive you will be. Once you take a few breaths, you'll be able to accomplish a lot more, and be more charming while you're at it.
● Finances: You love nothing more than shaving the edges off your spending. In fact, you're downright passionate about it. That makes this time of year bittersweet for you. Don't let being pulled in two directions make you moody, or worse yet, ruin your festive mood.
● Love: Be careful about getting stuck in your routine -- it's way too easy to decline an invitation if you already have something planned. That bubble bath can wait. If your pals or a hottie asks you out, go for it. You have absolutely nothing to lose.
● General: Don't opt for convenience today. It's easy, but it's not the best way. Too often, convenience requires you to pay too much, waste too much, or fail to challenge yourself. So if you need to go shopping, seek out the best bargains, not the nearest store. If you are going on a date, think of a creative outing that reflects part of who you are, not just the old dinner-and-a-movie gambit. And if you need to have a difficult conversation with someone, don't do it through email.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Whoever designed your cubicle wasn't taking idle chitchat into consideration. Blocking out the chatter around you has become another of your hidden talents. Sadly, it's one you can't put on your resume.
● Finances: The more things you have to buy, the more calculating you have to do. You're a human abacus right about now. But don't rely on your inner computer to make the right decisions. Probe even deeper with a real one.
● Love: You're not about to take anything too seriously right now. Too bad everyone else is acting like it's the end of the world. You know it doesn't matter, and that's all that counts. Allow others space to do their own thing. When the issue blows over, everything goes back to normal.
● General: Someone you work with or are close to socially has made a mess of things, and they don't appear to be in any hurry to clean up what they've done. It's no fun to nag, but you might have to be the bad cop with the today -- let them know the negative repercussions are on their head if they don't shape up and fulfill their responsibilities. If you don't, then you could end up being the one who gets blamed. Put yourself first and be firm with them. When it's coming from you, they will listen.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You're in an analytical mood, so put it to good use. Parse through some long term plans but don't stop there. You'll benefit from going over the smaller issues, too.
● Finances: There is a lot of extra emotional weight attached to everything you so much as consider buying. All that intensity is making you unsure of yourself and your ability to make the right choices. Don't spend until the feeling passes and you know you're capable of picking a winner.
● Love: The lights are down and the spotlight is on you. And whether it's your boss or a cutie, you're it -- the center of attention. Don't evade it. Instead, step right up and let all eyes fall on you. Who cares if you miss a step? Everyone will remember your fabulous performance.
● General: This is a day to play it safe and keep your cards close to your vest, so listen to your more conservative impulses. Don't offer your time or money to anyone. As much as you would like to be of service to someone, you need to let them fend for themselves right now -- it's better for everybody. Helping them out today will only encourage them to come back to you again. You will prevent them from learning how to fend for themselves. You can be a supportive person without being an enabler.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: You just can't stop obsessing over the budget. If that's your job, then give yourself a pat on the back. If it's not, then give yourself a much-needed break and let others take on the financial strategies and plans.
● Finances: Being self-centered is actually rarely in your best interest, but never less so than now. Limber up your compassion and interest in others while there's still a bit of time to make it matter. If you just can't make yourself do it, then fake it.
● Love: Whether you hold the title or not, you're the boss. So don't hesitate to stand up for what you think is right. If you're tired of someone's disparaging jokes or racist comments, tell them straight up. When everyone else cowers, you're the voice of the underdog.
● General: You've gotten a significant achievement under your belt recently, and you deserve to brag about it! There are people in your life who love you to death and they are waiting for a chance to pat you on the back. Why not give it to them? Call or email all of your closest friends and invite everyone to get together for a celebration -- it doesn't have to be a big deal, you can just order in some pizza. As long as there is a reason to hang out, they will all be happy!
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: It doesn't take any big achievements to have a great day. In fact, all you have to do is tidy up your desk and you'll leave the office humming. It doesn't make much sense, but enjoy it while it lasts.
● Finances: Your emotions are your best source of fuel, and your inner engines will be racing pretty soon. You can hardly wait to start. Instead of simply revving your engines and feeling restless, prepare for your big spending spree with some insight, paper and pencil.
● Love: A fun period of your life is about to start. So before it gets here, make a plan. Go on a road trip, host a party or hang with the latest and greatest cutie. Get your ducks in a row now for maximum fun and excitement.
● General: In the mood to have a little bit of fun? Of course you are! And guess what? The only thing standing in the way of you having fun is -- you! There is no reason you can't start getting out there and mixing it up -- and today is as good a time for socializing as any. Your friends are itching to get out there and tear it up too, so find out what is on their mind. Send out an email to your group and start cooking something up. You can be the match that starts a hot night of fun.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Are you really overwhelmed by work? Or is it just that nagging voice in your head again? Don't let someone tell you you're not doing enough -- even if that someone is you.
● Finances: It's a good time to count your money and set yourself a budget if you haven't already. Life will encourage you to blow the bank unless you face the next few weeks armed and ready with a maximum amount to spend. It's hard to resist the acquisitive urge.
● Love: Someone in your midst is struggling to deal with an important issue. They've lost their way -- but you can help. Grab their hand and walk with him or her through this difficult time. The favor will be returned twofold.
● General: One of your friends has been saving some sweet news for you. Today they will finally be able to come clean and let you in on it! Suddenly something they said a few days ago makes sense. The two of you have something to celebrate. Get out your social 'to do' list and take a look at what's next on the list. Act impulsively and do something you've been waiting a long time to do. It's a perfect time to check out that new hot spot or restaurant you've been hearing so much about.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Being professional is important, but so is being personal. Do a friend a favor, but only if you can spare the time. And even then, keep it a secret.
● Finances: Your confidence is trickling back along with your money. That gives you just enough enthusiasm to look forward to a profitable year ahead. Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, though. You still have a few more weeks to ride out. Try to make the most of them.
● Love: It looks like a fabulous deal. But is it? Before you commit to anything, read the fine print. Make sure you know the terms of the arrangement prior to making the commitment. Once the ink is dried, you're in it for good.
● General: In a big meeting or at an event today, make sure that you appeal to people's intellect, not to their emotions. People are likely to get suspicious if you are not talking about facts and only talking about feelings -- they could think you're hiding the facts because they are unfavorable. So avoid making too many jokes. Try not to use charm or flirtation to get your point across. You will only end up making yourself look less believable. You might gain a few admirers, but you could lose some respect.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: You already know how difficult it can be getting past the gatekeeper. Make things easier on yourself by covering all the details first. That way, you'll be prepared for any objections.
● Finances: It's not the right time to feel like taking it slow. You want to send the year out with a bang. Give yourself today and today only to figure out exactly where this new moodiness comes from so you can do something about it. Spend the day alone if you have to.
● Love: You're not always one to give in, but today, it doesn't matter. Someone is dying to go on a date with you. Sure, if you agree it's a mercy thing, but that's okay. Just clarify the arrangement beforehand to avoid mixed messages or hurt feelings. You may even make a new friend.
● General: Use whatever free time you have today in order to reconnect with someone from your past, or someone who is living a long ways away. Set aside the right amount of time for a long phone call. Don't call them when you're waiting in line or at the grocery store! Sit down, get comfortable, and give them the kind of time and focus they deserve. You might not think you have any news to share, but as soon as you start talking, the amusing anecdotes will come.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Don't chomp at the bit. Sometimes doing the ground work can be just as much fun as the nitty-gritty work itself. Spend the day doing research, and enjoying it, too.
● Finances: Your friends are on your mind. You have decisions to make regarding each one individually as well as a big one to make about them all. Your budget will ultimately dictate your final answer, so work on that first.
● Love: Everyone sort of has their own thing going on today -- so don't be surprised if you reach lots of voicemails. It's a great opportunity to finish any and all loose ends. So if you haven't finished paying your bills or updating your online profile, now's the time to do it.
● General: If you are on one side of an issue and everyone else seems to be on the other side, you shouldn't feel the need to change their minds. Having everyone totally agree all of the time is just not necessary! If you disagree with them that doesn't have to mean that you think less of them, and vice versa. So learn how to agree to disagree -- avoid pushing your agenda or suspecting that they are pushing theirs. Everyone just thinks differently and that's okay.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Ever get the feeling you're on a team of one? You're all supposed to be working together, and yet some colleagues have their own hidden agendas. Trust yourself when you get that sneaking suspicion.
● Finances: Giving to someone in need is a private act of charity and it should stay that way. You don't need an audience to know whether or not you're giving as much as you can, and your recipient certainly doesn't want one, either. A tax receipt should be the last thing on your mind.
● Love: Humanitarianism totally fits your personality today. So help out whenever and wherever possible. Find new opportunities to volunteer. Hook up with a cause that suits your tastes -- you'll meet tons of other like-minded singles who seek the same goals.
● General: Your values are precious to you, but you also have to acknowledge that another person's values are just as important to them. It's usually not an issue unless you two clash -- and today you can expect a bit of a conflict to erupt. But whatever you do, you cannot force them to agree with you. If they are going to be in your life, you need to respect them for who they are and let them know that you aren't trying to fix them. Take them for who they are, or not at all.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Don't hesitate to help someone else with a project, even if you don't know much about it beforehand. The payoff for you will be factored in later. For now, just do it.
● Finances: You have the warm and fuzzies. You can indulge the feeling to the max without breaking the bank if you play your cards right. But try to be extra careful in all business involving money.
● Love: It's an out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new kind of a day. So if you haven't cleaned out your junk drawer or bedroom closet in a while, now's a great time to do it. A good rule of thumb: If you haven't used it in more than a year, donate it or recycle it, especially if an ex gave it to you.