● General: You are in the calm eye of a gathering storm right now, and can sense that things are going to get a lot busier, soon. But instead of getting panicked about what is to come, be confident! You are more than prepared for the action that is about to go down, and it's important that you give off the air of being capable and ready to go -- other people are paying attention, and the energy you give off will influence how they feel about the coming days.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Squeezing back into the office is a tight fit when freedom and independence are still fresh on your mind. You still have some wiggle room, even in the confines of your cubicle, if you do some exploring.
● Finances: It's easy to make a hole in one when you're playing miniature golf, but fake doubloons are not exactly the kind of reward you're looking for. Heading out on the real course is daunting, but tell yourself you can do it. Then slow down, take a deep breath and stay grounded.
● Love: If 'Purple Rain' or some other tidbit from the 80s takes root in your brain and you can't get it out, you'll know what to expect from the day. Break out the acid-wash jeans and tease your hair -- that statement you make will come from a place of innocence.
● General: Getting any time to yourself will be extremely difficult today -- your popularity is nearing a record high, and people will want your input on many issues. The sooner you can adjust to the demands on your time, the better. Since ignoring the external world will be practically impossible, you are better off just giving in and dealing with the people who are clamoring for your attention. You will be able to get some alone time soon, but just not right now.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Don't take any risks. You need the job today more than ever before. Remind yourself that it's not personal, it's financial. Repeat throughout the day, as needed.
● Finances: You know what they say about being rich and being poor. You've never really experienced either, but you've learned a bit about the truth behind the phrase just the same. Seeing things from different perspectives is a rich experience no matter what the new angle is. Make the most of it.
● Love: Tongue-tied and totally twisted -- you make eye contact and nothing happens. When in doubt, say hello. That's the first step to creating some sort of rapport with another person. If they're game, they'll bite, if not, they'll move on. But you've gotta at least try.
● General: Someone has been preaching to you for quite a while, and their sermon is getting a bit tiresome. They think what they have to say is terribly important, while you just think it's just terrible! So let them know today that you really don't plan on taking their advice. And that while you appreciate the special interest they've had in you and how you should run your life, you don't need them to waste any more of their energy on you. Give them permission to brighten someone else's life.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You can think of your colleagues as partners until the five o'clock bell goes off, but it doesn't mean a thing if they don't feel the same way. Do a bit of legwork if you want to take office relationships to a deeper level.
● Finances: You may be confident about the economy, but not everyone else is. That means getting others on board is that much harder now than it was two years ago. You're up for the challenge, though. Just be sure to factor in some extra time. A lot extra.
● Love: Your nasty mood could really sour a blossoming relationship. Sure, the person you're seeing is the source of the ire, but you're taking it out on him or her. If you snap, apologize, immediately. Clarify your mood and make amends in advance for any further meltdowns.
● General: Today you'll have the chance to make connections with unlikely people in some unlikely places. Before you realize what is happening, you might find yourself talking to someone you never would have considered talking to before -- and loving it. It's all part of a new phase you are going through, when coworkers are suddenly fascinating and your curiosity about other people will be undeniable. And while you might not get a lot more social today, your calendar is filling up.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: A private problem is intruding on your work day. You can hardly focus on colleagues with this elephant between you. Taking a break or doing something else for yourself is all you need to banish it from your cubicle. Indulge.
● Finances: The social mix of those involved in a project is as important as any other element in determining its financial success. You need more of a balance on your team. Keeping things as they are will only stall things, and adding more of the wrong element will create even more problems. Think things through carefully instead of projecting.
● Love: It's so easy to allow stupid, piddly minutiae to fester into a massive problem. Stuff that pride and do the right thing: apologize. Right now it's better to practice humility -- if the other person gets one up on you, oh well. You'll have another (better) chance to show off later.
● General: Today you are full of an easy energy that will carry you past any pettiness that might erupt around you. Instead of annoying you or testing your patience, the frivolous people you will meet up with today will be a great source of entertainment and fascination. People watching has never been more amusing than it will be today, so find a spot where you can watch the world go by. Observe and you will be shocked, amused, angered, and a little bit moved.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: It's not romantic or exciting or fun, but if it were even one of those things, it wouldn't be called work. There is a way to make the most of it while you're there, though, and you're not doing it. Stop the self-inflicted pettiness.
● Finances: Your enthusiasm isn't exactly dormant, but it's definitely flagging. Short of letting yourself hibernate, you need to start finding that special spark to feed your own fire. Listen to your inner voice. Yes, it's your ego, but it's serving a useful purpose. It knows exactly how to motivate you. Let it.
● Love: Flamboyancy is oh so tempting. You'd love to hop up on a soapbox and brag, brag, brag about yourself. But really, nobody wants to hear it. Instead, take an understated approach. It'll score you huge points with a wallflower type who's nursing a serious crush on you.
● General: Put your personal life goals first today. Free yourself from having to deal with the dramas in other people's lives. Not only is it boring to hear about the trials and tribulations of your friends all of the time, it can be a bit depressing! So concentrate on creating your own dramas today -- the good kind, of course. If you want to get out and go, do it -- don't feel guilty that you're having fun if a friend is going through troubles. Live your life.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: With all your energy, you're ready to start the countdown. In fact, you could strap yourself into your office chair and blast off, without even your first cup of coffee. But outer space will have to wait, so come back down to earth and get to work.
● Finances: Being overly sensitive can serve a useful purpose. Unfortunately, whenever money is concerned, it's out of place. Listening to the criticisms of others is vital to making money, and recoiling at anything but positive feedback could seriously cost you. Put on your toughest armor before leaving home this morning.
● Love: Someone has something you want and it's eating you up. Jealous much? Envy doesn't look good on anyone, especially you. So focus on the positives in your life. Find comfort in the things you do have -- remember, it's never greener on the other side.
● General: Seek out what you enjoy today -- because enjoying life is as good a goal as any. Spend your time exploring whatever gives you the greatest sense of accomplishment. Set aside the boring stuff for now. Or even better, delegate some of the boring errands of your day to someone else. Isn't there someone who owes you a favor? Maybe they can go pick up your dry cleaning while you enjoy a new book. Or take a long walk. Or do whatever it is that makes you feel fulfilled.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: You'll never know until you try. Don't let fear shoot down your ideas before anyone has a chance to hear them. Responses might be good, and if they're not, you'll live to tell the tale.
● Finances: Being sentimental can be an attractive quality or a maudlin one, depending on how you choose to play the role. Everything you've experienced in your financial struggles has made you a richer person, even the things that have cost you money. Especially those things is a more accurate summation. Continue seeing only the positive in your past.
● Love: You're feeling kinda uninhibited and loosy goosey today -- so is someone who's sexually attracted to you. Don't be surprised to find yourself tangled up in a pile of sheets in the near future. Just be careful. Better to use protection and not worry about the repercussions later.
● General: Devote one hundred percent of your intense concentration to anything you do today that involves money. This includes something as simple as buying a newspaper and something as complicated as applying for a home loan. Try to pay with exact change if you can, and avoid using your credit cards. There is a high possibility of mistakes being made. Double check your bank account balance to put your mind at ease about any outstanding checks you've written lately.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Some impulses are larger than you are. You'll get swept up in the current of the office today. Whether it takes you upstream or down really depends more on the office philosophy than on your own.
● Finances: Getting the ball rolling depends on a lot more than your own willpower or ambition. Others have to sign off on the plan, so working well with them is a must. If you're a bit rusty in the collaboration department, then brush up. The cardinal rules are still the same as they have always been.
● Love: The whimsical side of your personality is just dying to emerge. Express it perfectly in your choice of dating venues. How about a round of miniature golf or bumper cars? The experience will force you to interact with your date on a completely different level.
● General: Whatever confusion your dreams have been causing lately will start to clear up today -- the clues your subconscious has been leaving you each night are starting to add up to something that makes sense. The recurring images are pointing you toward the biggest problem in your life -- and you need to address it head on, today. Follow your hunches and see what happens next. The faster you can get to the heart of the matter, the sooner you will get a good night's sleep.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Get ready for an unexpected surprise. A bonus, a plum assignment, or just a plain old plum will drop into your lap today. Enjoy the sudden happiness and general good feelings.
● Finances: Sticking to your budget is both easier and harder than you thought it would be. You're fine as long as you don't go shopping. The trick is to stay within budget while spending money. Working on your impulse control is your way of focusing on money.
● Love: Now's not the time to divulge your entire life story to someone new. You'll scare him or her off -- it's just way too soon to discuss your odd personal proclivities. That means to ease up on the booze if you're on a first date. The alcohol will loosen up your lips in the worst way.
● General: You love to live an organized life, but sometimes structure can be overrated. Today, you need to loosen up a little bit! Toss out your schedules and act more spontaneously. Treat yourself to an indulgence or two. Leave your bed unmade. Don't do the dishes until later on. Being messy isn't the end of the world, you know! It will feel good to stop being such a self-disciplinarian for one day. There's no harm in a little bit of chaos. In fact, you'll probably feel quite stimulated by it.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: It hardly seems possible that you'll inch your way to the end of a massive assignment. You will if you follow the Slow and Steady Wins the Race rule of thumb. Keep plugging away at it.
● Finances: A positive outcome is more than a numeric figure on a page. Your plans are working even if they're not turning a profit just yet. You're impressing the universe by understanding that some things are worth fighting for, and that helps your bottom line of the future. Keep up your stamina.
● Love: If you're hung up, waiting for someone to call or email, you're wasting precious time. Someone who doesn't have the decency to be honest isn't worth the effort. You'll have much better luck if you cut this emotional albatross loose. Obviously, they're not interested.
● General: The new members of your social group or work group are starting to have a big effect on the dynamics, and you're not so sure you're liking it. Give it a few more days before you write them off completely, though. Sometimes it takes time to dig beneath the surface of people to find out what really makes them tick -- and whether or not you like it. You could speed up the process if you open up to them a bit more. Show them who you are, and they'll show you who they are.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Some colleagues you consider friends and others are simply people who share common work goals. But they also share your air and space each weekday. Start to get to know them.
● Finances: You already sense who the energy vampires are around you. You know, the ones who waste time flailing away at nothing all day long and want you to do the same. Keep your head down and avoid eye contact until they set their sites on someone else. You have your productivity to protect.
● Love: If he likes to party all night; if she likes to sleep all day, you're not going to get far. Sure irresponsibility is fun for a little while, but when you end up paying for everything and making all the plans, you'll rue the day you hooked up with such a child.
● General: What was once a casual friendship has slowly been growing into a more deep and meaningful relationship. And today, you will be given an opportunity to solidify it even further by sharing a truth you've been keeping to yourself. But before you do that, consider that what you have to say may cause some emotional upheaval on their part -- and be ready for it. Your honesty and trust will make an impression on them. This could be a huge turning point for both of you.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Making assumptions is just creating extra work for yourself. Pay close attention to your boss before you begin. Jumping to conclusions will only get you into trouble.
● Finances: Finding your direction is the easy part. Starting on the journey is much, much harder. Once you take out your compass it's time to start roping in possible leaders. Friends can only help you go so far, and you know you can't make it to your destination alone. Polish up your back-scratching abilities.
● Love: Men and women really can't be friends. And if you need more proof, see what happens when you hop in bed with your 'pal.' If you acknowledge what happened and maintain an open, honest line of communication, you should be able to salvage this relationship.