● General: You may not wake up this morning expecting a surprise, but there's definitely one on the agenda. Fortunately, surprises are right at the top of your top ten list of very favorite things, so you won't mind one little bit. If your companions aren't quite so adaptable, be merciful. Help them adjust. Point out the positive points in the situation, and get them to relax. In the process, you may find you've suddenly become a mentor.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: The morning's obstacles will be easily overcome by the end of the day. You might be surprised by the turning of the tide, but those who are watching you closely right now know what to expect.
● Finances: You make your decisions based on your emotions, even your financial decisions, but you're feeling completely empty. Don't let yourself be convinced to proceed anyway. It just means you shouldn't be making any decisions one way or another today. You'll be more likely to pick a winner once you sound less like a hollow drum.
● Love: The groundwork you've been laying -- settling your personal issues, making connections, being open to the myriad possibilities -- can start paying off now. Watch for a sweet new challenge.
● General: It's not often that you don't feel confident. That alone might mean you'd be tough to get along with, but you're also far too genuine and approachable to hang that over anyone's head. When someone does need to take charge, you won't be shy about stepping up. If it's to defend someone or something who can't do it for themselves, you can be positively formidable. Good luck to anyone who gives you a reason to take charge now.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Take care of as much off-hours business as you can before lunch -- you'll be in an extraordinarily practical state of mind early on, but will gradually lose focus through the afternoon. Then sit back and relax.
● Finances: You can talk about how you feel all you want but it won't make any difference. You're confirming what you've always known intuitively about a certain person -- their lack of concern for the people behind the money. Don't waste your breath treating them like a warm friend.
● Love: You've got a delicious forward momentum going on, but don't let it sweep you into a romantic situation where you're acting out of character. Keep moving, but exercise a little caution.
● General: In your opinion, the astrological weather today is fine. Couldn't be better. There are scattered periods of change on the agenda, followed by even more change -- just the way you like it. Of course, while you're looking forward to the next surprise the universe has up its sleeve, your friend, sibling or neighbor is probably skulking around as far under cover as they can possibly get, worried about the unknown. Be nice. Draw them out and let them know that change is the only constant.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You will find yourself drawing on unexpected reserves of power and strength early in the day to make great progress. You'll get so far that you'll be able to take the afternoon off, or at least relax a little.
● Finances: Being tight with your cash is second nature to you now. All the things you used to think were so necessary are now so much excess clutter. Your life and soul are both cleaner for your efforts and your bank account is smiling back at you. You could not have adapted to adversity any more successfully, and today you realize that.
● Love: You tend to talk around things, which can be charming, but there's a certain sexiness to being utterly, compellingly straightforward. Look them directly in the eye and ask direct questions.
● General: The urge to hibernate hits everyone at one time or another, but the way you're feeling now, you're not only in the mood to get away from the maddening crowd, you're also in desperate need of some quality time alone. In addition, it's just about time for you to start dishing out a few surprises in return -- the way others have been tossing them your way, that is. A day with the phone turned off might just do it.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Spread the good word early in the day -- the people around you will be extremely receptive to your ideas. As the day wears on, you might want to withdraw a bit and listen to your inner voice.
● Finances: Your worries didn't double in a day so don't expect to halve them overnight. Every day is a new beginning and a new opportunity to make a dent in your bills. With faith in yourself comes the patience you need to know that you are slowly whittling away at it.
● Love: Got a crazy idea? Others are receptive to whatever you propose, so don't dismiss it as too much or not your style. In fact, doing something wild is favored by the stars -- and it'll get your heart pumping.
● General: The universe has a big day planned for you, full of unexpected arrivals, surprise messages and at least one last-minute turnaround. You may not be tickled about at least one of these situations, especially if it happens to involve a certain person you've been close to, but you'll need to put on a happy face for that event and for the rest of them, too. If anyone can, however, it's theatrical you. Do it to it.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Take it easy through the day. Make sure you don't overextend yourself at any point, and try to make sure those closest to you get enough face-time to keep them happy. Planning would be good.
● Finances: If high bills usually make your blood boil, then your response today will be highly unusual because the numbers leave you cold. That's because you have a chance to reject the total if you choose to. This one is worth wrangling over, so get a good head of steam up over it.
● Love: You've got that urge to overindulge, and it won't rest until you satisfy it. Just overindulge in the right things -- friends, flirtation, fun -- and stay moderate with the rest of it.
● General: You're the perfect person to share a secret with. First of all, you won't tell anyone who hasn't already been sworn to secrecy. And if you don't feel comfortable about telling someone new, no matter how much you want to share the news, you absolutely, positively won't. So now, when it falls on you to decide what to do about either letting someone in on it or keeping it hidden, you'll do the right thing.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Your mind is working at high speed, and good ideas are coming quickly toward you. Make sure to write them down -- but, better still, try to spread the word to your colleagues.
● Finances: Your family is there for you in so many ways you've lost count of them. But one of the most important is their ability to energize you to go back into the ring again and again. Call on them to do just that, because your finances have brought you to a low state. There's no reason to stay there.
● Love: You've been in a research and analysis mode with regard to something (or someone), and now you're especially detail oriented, so keep going. Hold off on acting, though -- communication's sticky at the moment.
● General: At certain times, it's perfectly safe to give over the care of your belongings to the powers that be. At other times, it's not. This is one of those times when keeping very close company with the things that you hold most dear wouldn't be a bad idea -- especially if you're traveling and you'll need what you've packed as soon as you arrive. This is one of those moments when carry-on luggage is less of an inconvenience than it seems to be when you're lugging it aboard.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: The early part of the day feels a little heavy -- maybe even a bit oppressive. But the atmosphere will quickly lift after lunch, and you'll find yourself filled with positive energy.
● Finances: You know how to appreciate the smaller things in life but you prefer not to do it out of a lack of other options. Start working on your way out of lean times. Where there is a will there is a way, and you definitely have the will. Don't get depressed if you don't see immediate progress.
● Love: Form an unexpected alliance -- make a friend out of a foe, a mentor out of an underling or a confidante out of an acquaintance. Switching up the roles others play gives you some delicious new ones to try on.
● General: These are surprising times, when even someone like you, who's in close to complete control of their immediate environment, can be caught off guard. You, of course, won't believe that. You're confident of your position as master or mistress of all you survey. The good news is that if you can do what you already do best -- that is, to sit tight and refuse to be manipulated -- you can hold onto that title, and add a couple more to your resume.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You're the only one who can ensure that things go in the right direction. Your careful attention might go unnoticed at first -- after all, everyone's probably off today -- but it will ultimately save your business.
● Finances: With all the self-control you have to exert to keep yourself from overspending, you need to let go in some other area of life. Deep conversations late into the night or daydreaming for hours are just what the doctor ordered.
● Love: Acting on impulse seems alluring, and it's certainly worked for you in the past. But, there's more here than meets the eye and you'd be wise to find out what it is, then choose a course of action accordingly.
● General: You're far more of a fan of sudden, drastic change than you are of anything even remotely resembling boredom. Truth be told, there's nothing you abhor more than having time to tap on the table. So now, when something you couldn't possibly have expected comes along, you'll be positively delighted. You'll welcome it with open arms and a great, big grin. Give your partner a break if they're not quite as enthusiastic about it -- at least, until you give them a reason to be.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Your mind is roaming, but it can't seem to stretch out as far as usual. Don't let that worry you -- your horizons are about to open up in a big way. For now, focus on mundane issues.
● Finances: Your energy levels are different depending on the activity you are facing. You need to find a way to generate enthusiasm and excitement even for things you usually find dull. It's the best way for you to dig yourself out of your financial rut because the perfect situation isn't going to magically appear anytime soon.
● Love: You want to switch from an analytical mode to something bigger and better in the realm of romance, but you may end up mired in between. It's only temporary, so don't struggle.
● General: Surprises are fun for some folks, but for you... well, you'd rather have everything that's been penciled into your day planner go off just as you expected it to. Of course, that's not always possible, and you've definitely learned that over the course of your time here on the planet. You've also learned that the way to have any kind of control over what you wish had happened and what actually did happen is in your reaction. Remember that now.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: It's a fun, lightweight day for you and your peers if you're on office duty today. It's a good time to reach out to people you haven't contacted with in a while, especially in the late afternoon. Leave off serious business for a few days.
● Finances: You don't part with your money lightly, not even your loose change. So others may think you are overreacting when someone assumes you'll fork it over, but you know better than they do. Go with your instinct. It's your money to give away or keep as you see fit.
● Love: Flighty's usually one of the last words people would use to describe you, but not right now. In the realm of romance, this isn't necessarily a bad thing; you can meet lots of people and return to the worthy ones later.
● General: Someone you've been amazingly fond of for some time will suddenly let you know that the feelings are extremely mutual. What should you do about it? Well, for starters, pick up your jaw and let yourself grin. Saying something appropriate wouldn't hurt, either -- something along the lines of 'me too,' for example. You might also think of where to have dinner tonight. You'll need to keep up your strength if you're going to keep someone this startling entertained.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: You're spinning your wheels and wishing for greater action, but it won't come for a day or two. You can avoid wasting the day if you dive into research or advanced learning of some kind.
● Finances: The bottom line is more than a pesky detail to be overcome with the right attitude adjustment. What need adjusting are your funds, not your take on them. Be as practical as you can be today and come up with a plan of action that involves more than your feelings.
● Love: Change is in the air, and it's the electric kind that puts you most in your element. Others want to know what's going to happen, but you know how to revel in the fabulous uproar.
● General: Apparently, some scientists have claimed that love is biologically the same as eating large quantities of chocolate. If that's true, then why bother? Wouldn't it save us all an awful lot of time, energy and aggravation if we simply invested in chocolate bars and forgot about whoever has kept us up all night crying? Maybe -- but in your case, especially now, it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. Forget the chocolate. Call them.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Your eye for aesthetics is refined now, so if you need to okay plans or designs off hours, get to them early. By the end of the day, that same openness might result in feelings of anxiety, but they'll dissolve soon.
● Finances: Consider yourself an artist with a blank canvas before you. You're creating your financial picture completely from scratch. Don't be overwhelmed by it, though. Be excited. It's a whole new world out there just waiting for you to make your mark on it.
● Love: Don't get too specific about anything when it comes to love. If someone wants to take you out, agree to a tentative date. It's all so changeable now, by the time it rolls around you may be otherwise entangled.