● General: The future is always in motion, so don't stress if you can't quite make out your goal right now. Simply deal with events as they come along, and try not to control or predict the future too stringently. After all, life has many wonderful surprises to offer, but the trick is to be in a receptive state so you can appreciate those surprises. For now, put the past behind you and focus on the present. The future will be here before you know it.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: There's an air of uncertainty that you need to put behind you before you can proceed with confidence. So delay formalizing any agreements with vendors, clients, competitors or anyone else until you feel like you're on solid ground.
● Finances: No one said life would be easy. You have a difficult phone call to make or email to write. Don't spend too much time flagellating yourself over it, though. The rest of the population has learned to take the financial bad news with as much grace as you have.
● Love: Now's a great time to take that relationship out of cyberspace and into reality. Arrange a meeting with your favorite online buddy. Keep your expectations in check, and if the sparks don't fly -- it's all right.
● General: Someone's in the mood for love. Is it you? Could be! And if it's not you, someone you're very close to is feeling just full of affection and mischief. So if your spirits aren't up there already, they'll soon reach new heights thanks to the celestial influences that call for lots of romance and fun in this moment. So make sure you have a snazzy outfit that's ready to go, because while the day is fun, you never know what the night could bring.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: It's a great time to rack up some points around the workplace by offering to help others who might just need a gentle push in the right direction. After all, the day's energy will be hard for many to deal with -- but not you.
● Finances: Your thoughts are racing ahead of your performance. Don't spend those profits before they actually start rolling in. If that kind of crazed thinking is out of character for you, then you have just had your first taste of what money can do to corrupt.
● Love: You have tons of friends. Certainly you're not the only single person among them. Get down to brass tacks and start networking. Even if you don't find a date, seek equally detached and likeminded pals for a fresh perspective.
● General: It's all too easy to get bogged down in shoulda-coulda-woulda as well as, 'But I could never do that.' Don't put limits on what you can achieve before you even get started. What's even more discouraging, however, is when you demand too much of yourself at once. So you want to sing like Kelly Clarkson but can't read a note of music? Start small. Look up a voice teacher. Next, maybe sign up for lessons, and so on and so on. After that, the possibilities are endless.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Right now, the details are softening and feeling pretty fuzzy, so you might need to scramble to get your message across. You tend to like precision in your projects, if only because it's easier to communicate those cold, hard facts.
● Finances: You're learning something valuable from an unlikely source. Even the silliest of conversations can suddenly become productive if you let it. Allow the dialogue to flow freely, across the table or out the window if need be.
● Love: Listen to that gut intuition today. The stars are telling you to broaden your possibilities and look for love in odd places. Spend some time in the library perusing rare books or take a gourmet cooking class. Really open yourself up.
● General: You're a maestro at orchestrating swinging social situations, and this ability comes into play in some very particular ways right now. Whether it's planning a surprise party or some other kind of celebratory event, you're able to combine the elements in such a way that it will delight and astonish everyone who attends. Don't be afraid to call upon others for some help in making sure your plans come to fruition -- the more, the merrier!
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Planning, creative brainstorming, morale-building exercises and the like are perfect for your energy today. You are losing patience with the details right now, so turn your attention to big-picture or productivity-boosting tasks.
● Finances: Money worries have you feeling more like a wild animal than a sophisticated human. Remind yourself of how financially savvy you once felt not that long ago. Let that image of yourself be your motivation to keep going, because you have a lot to do that's more important than succumbing to fear.
● Love: As a self-destructive streak seeps into your life, everything seems unmanageable. It's time to unearth the emotional kernel of this strife before you do more damage. Don't be afraid to face reality -- it's not as scary as you think.
● General: Responsibility can seem an awful lot like a four-letter word, especially these days. Haven't you done enough? Isn't there someone else who can help pick up the slack? Those are very good questions. However, you may not be able to answer them until you grit your teeth and simply soldier on through these next few tasks. Afterward, sit down and evaluate where you're putting your time and energy in your life -- and how you can alleviate some of the weight.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: If a big conflict is brewing somewhere, keep doing your research, because you have a big decision to make soon. It's a great time to balance what you know in your head with what you feel in your gut.
● Finances: You have various compartments in your brain where you store information. Behind Door Number One is a wild party and behind Door Number Two is a boring lecture. Both can come in handy today -- if you know which one to open when.
● Love: Your overachieving personality could get in the way of romance today. That cutie's flirting with you, and you're too busy typing that proposal to notice. Avoid missed opportunities: Take a few breaks and walk around the office. See who's shakin'!
● General: There's nothing more poignant than an unfulfilled promise. Is there an area of your life you've been neglecting? Perhaps a hobby or a career ambition or just a promise to spend more time with someone that's fallen by the wayside in all the hustle and bustle of everyday life? It's easy to get pulled away from things that have deeper meaning, but if you make an effort, you can get back on track with something (or someone) that you once loved.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Try taking care of less urgent business today if you find yourself in a bottleneck that you can't get out of easily thanks to coworkers or -- worse -- clients who are determined to move at their own pace.
● Finances: Nothing seems to help get the numbers where they need to be. Not cold logic and not hot passion. But continue to stay on your toes, though, because you'll have to make some quick decisions, even if they feel random.
● Love: People find you irresistible when you're feeling unsure of yourself. Today, someone interesting is watching you with delight as you bumble through a project. Don't be self-conscious -- this could be profitable in the romance department.
● General: You know how a turtle has that hard shell and a soft tummy he has to protect from possible predators? Well, apply that analogy to someone in your life right now -- they might look hardened and tough on the outside, but really, they're just protecting themselves the best way they know how. So before you decide to dismiss them as unresponsive or unemotional, give them a second chance. They just might need time.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: With money tight, tempers will most definitely flare today, and if a few verbal shots are fired around the workplace as part of that ongoing struggle, you should just try to duck and cover rather than join the fray.
● Finances: You've just about thought a thing to death. There's not much more information you can wring out of the experience. It's time to turn a new page in your financial life, whether the chapter you're closing was profitable or left you broke.
● Love: Before you buy that expensive item online, step back and think about the consequences. If you're spending bill money for retail therapy, you're just making things worse. Be kind to and treat yourself with respect.
● General: Racing toward the finish line gets your blood and spirits pumping in just the way you need. You thrive under competitive circumstances and in contests of skill and endurance. But after this is over, you're still going to need an outlet for all your energy. Have you ever thought about running a marathon or starting a pick-up soccer game around your neighborhood? It'd be a great way to stay in shape and meet people, too.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You almost never play your whole hand, but now is a good time to throw down and bring out your hidden talents. The competition won't know what hit them -- and most likely won't even know it was you.
● Finances: You've never been one to take risks, but you're about out of options for playing it safe. Let yourself enjoy going out on a limb, since you really have no choice in the matter. Remind yourself that money isn't the end all and be all in life if it helps you stay calm.
● Love: Whether you've been turned down for a raise or a date, a huge breakthrough comes your way today. Your patience and perseverance pay huge dividends. Although it's not exactly what you asked for, you'll be pleased nevertheless.
● General: Break off that big project into bite-size chunks, and you'll suddenly find that it's a lot easier to swallow. It's funny the way deadlines seem to wear soft-soled shoes and then sneak up on you when you least expect them. In this case, if you're able to stay calm and take care of the small details that make up this situation and tackle them one by one, you'll be finished in no time. After it's all over, you'll be asked how you did it so easily. Just smile enigmatically, okay?
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: You might have some trouble starting the day off right if your energy is directed toward non-work-related pursuits (Facebook, ahem). Once you get going, you'll trudge through your tasks and complain every step of the way.
● Finances: Stress is keeping you from all but the most superficial of thoughts. You might not feel like a philosopher today, but the thinking you do can lead to something profitable. Relish the moment when it dawns on you that you're onto something.
● Love: Pay attention to someone else's story for once. Instead of listening to formulate your next comment, clear your mind for this one. You'll hear an important message or lesson that applies to your life now.
● General: Your brain needs food, too. So turn off the TV and do something rich, stimulating and invigorating. Watch the neighborhood kids play softball. Go for a hike. Write a letter to someone you love but haven't talked to in far too long. Pick up those paints you haven't touched since college. Go to a poetry reading. The world is immense, fascinating and rich. Life's far too short not to explore as much of it as you can.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: If you can bypass the normal channels of communication and tune into a different frequency, you'll be heard. Consequently, don't be surprised if nobody can understand you -- interaction is impaired across the board for today.
● Finances: The chickens are coming home to roost, and as the phrase suggests, it's not a pretty sight. The rates are going up or the fees are kicking in, and all the wonderful things that got you in this mess suddenly just don't look worth their real price tag. Consider this another lesson learned.
● Love: If something seems off about this person's online profile, take it to heart. Don't pursue a prospect that stirs something icky in your gut. Instead, let someone else deal with the weird stuff -- you're too busy for the chaos.
● General: As someone in Wonderland said to Alice, it's best to try to believe at least three impossible things before breakfast. The funny thing is once you let yourself believe them, they don't seem all that impossible to begin with. The first step is to let yourself believe that such benevolence is in store for you. So go ahead -- what are three wonderful, lovely and no-way-that-could-happen-to-me things that you want in your life?
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Your finances are a little more overstretched than you think, so pull back on spending and make sure you look at your assets and liabilities one more time. The fix won't be painless, but it will be for the best.
● Finances: You'll have to finesse an important conversation today if you want any hope of staying afloat. Put all your creativity into choosing just the right way of speaking your piece. You have what it takes to make your message both easy on the ears and unique.
● Love: Your life's been quite a whirlwind lately. Take a good chunk of time and spend it alone today. Regroup and touch base with yourself. Then relax: and watch TV, read or catch up on that hobby. Things will heat up again tomorrow.
● General: Like a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis, you've taken some pretty tough circumstances and used them to grow. Now you're developing into something lovely and fantastic beyond your wildest imaginings. During times like these, it's good to remember how grateful you are -- not only for the easy things in your life, but for the tough circumstances as well. They've shaped you into someone amazing. Take a moment to honor yourself.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You can get away with anything and you're feeling especially good right now. Treat yourself to a little something extra: a long lunch, an early departure or maybe even a sick day. Your supervisor understands your need for some breathing room.
● Finances: Everything changes, it seems. Before you have a chance to get used to a thing, it's become something else altogether. Your bank account is practically unrecognizable. But everything that really matters to you is as it always has been and will be for time immemorial. Hang onto the thought.
● Love: Keep to yourself early on in the day, and focus on slogging through your work at the office. By the time the evening rolls around, you'll be ready for social interaction. Put on your dancing shoes because the fun starts early tonight.