● General: You need the distraction, and your friend needs the pleasure of your company. It's an even trade. You're going out, there's no doubt about it. It might be in a limo, en route to a delightfully formal evening, complete with a five-star restaurant and tickets to the opera. Or you might be heading over to a friend's place for pizza, beer and a movie. Who knows? More importantly, who cares?
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You'll have to make a convincing case for doing things your way. You're ready to forge ahead with a whole new system, but everyone else is still playing by the same old rules. Whatever you do, don't go it alone.
● Finances: You have no use for a day off. But it has a use for you. Not only do you need to give yourself a break from your career, but there are circumstances around you that need your expertise. They will pull you in, like it or not.
● Love: Cultivate an air of mystery when encountering new people -- particularly hot ones. Sure, your usual brash approach is sexy, but you'll get the best results now by playing it on the sultry, silent side.
● General: Fortunately, you've been blessed with the ability to get what you want in such a charming fashion that no one minds. Send out a subtle signal, via a glance or a carefully placed phrase. You perfected the technique -- it's only fair that you put it to use. In fact, it makes them happy to give it to you. That goes double for right now, so go ahead and do what you do best.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Research is invaluable right now. The grass may seem greener on the other side, but before you jump the fence, consider what you're giving up. Remember, even your dream job has its downside.
● Finances: Use this personal day as efficiently as you would a day at work. Don't just fritter it away running errands or taking the car to the mechanic. Use it to accomplish something important, like learning one new thing about yourself or making plans for your next vacation.
● Love: Little things about a new person may be more telling than what they have to say. Manners count, and if you tune into their nonverbal cues, you'll learn a lot about them -- and how they feel about you.
● General: Don't do anything you don't want to. Sure, you're as loyal as the day is long, and that's what people have come to expect from you. But you may suddenly find yourself considering an about-face with someone who's demanding that you back them up, even if it amounts to perjury. You do have to look yourself in the mirror -- enabling is a heavy responsibility.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You're a convincing operator today. Charm the public or prospective clients by seeing things from their point of view. Figure out a solution that works to your mutual advantage and sell, sell, sell.
● Finances: It's not clear where the strange vibes went or why; all you know is that they're gone. You get to enjoy the company of someone special without wondering what their agenda is. It's the rare day when you don't feel held back by having a partner. Learn how to make it commonplace.
● Love: Good times, bad times, you know you've had your share -- and right about now you can expect to get plenty of both. Never fear if a romantic door shuts; another window of love opportunity will be wide open.
● General: You're always there for everyone and completely dependable in tough times. Circumstances may not allow you to keep that up today, but since you know others will be counting on you, let them know what's going on. If you keep in contact with them, they won't be angry. Oh, and if they're really important to you, keep them in the loop -- a card wouldn't hurt.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Socializing is one thing, but don't let your downtime prevent you from accomplishing your to-do list. Maybe you can see your work friends after office hours.
● Finances: You do things that make you stand out, and that has you in a sweat. Whether you're doing them really well or really poorly is not as important as the attention they net you. Today is your day to conquer this particular fear once and for all. Then you'll be free to move ahead with your life.
● Love: What, no dozen roses on your doorstep? Romantic matters may be on hold currently, but that doesn't mean you don't deserve flowers. Get some for yourself, and stop to smell 'em frequently.
● General: It's all been said and done, and you've cleared the way for your future. You managed to extricate yourself from a situation that wasn't helping your personal evolution -- or doing much good for the other person involved, either. You definitely deserve a special treat. How about giving it to your mind, instead of your body? Take a class or go on a trip. Expand those horizons even farther. Stretch!
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Saying no is not in the stars today. Your energy is nearly bottomless today, and it's a good thing, too -- assignments are piling up on your desk faster than you can process them.
● Finances: You have plenty of enthusiasm and drive but not much to apply it to today. If there is a picnic on the agenda, pitch in to do some setting up and organizing. You have too much energy to waste on simply throwing horseshoes.
● Love: If all is in order, you're hanging out with someone who's absolutely charmed by your outspoken (and hilarious) outlook on the world. If they're taken aback, though, don't soft-pedal it -- move on.
● General: Okay. You're still in a bold frame of mind, speaking those thoughts as they come, and your dear ones are still rather jumpy when you're around -- but things have leveled off. Somewhat. In fact, tonight you may even be in the mood to do some listening. Some very intense listening. Ask those questions -- about everything you've ever wondered. It's time to feed your mind.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: The obligations you took on last week are starting to catch up with you. Don't say yes to anything new until you've fulfilled your existing promises. And before you do, take a breather -- you deserve it.
● Finances: It's hard to think about anything but money but you are in desperate need of some fun. No matter how hard it is, put financial woes aside and focus on the lighter part of life. Your hard work will pay off with a renewed sense of purpose tomorrow.
● Love: Yes, romance is important, but the other ties that bind also need your careful attention and well-known dedication. Check in with your family or your family of friends, and nurture existing relationships.
● General: It's not easy to get you to speak without thinking. It's in your nature to be accommodating, which often means that you end up saying what you think someone wants to hear. Well, that won't be the case now. So if someone asks for your opinion, better let them know: This time out, you'll be telling it like it is -- not like they want it to be. Seriously. Warn them before you answer.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: You're so confident in this new product or project, you don't even need a script to make your pitch. You're pre-empting all their questions and coming up with exactly the right responses. If only it could always be this simple.
● Finances: If you're not careful, a sentimental feeling will turn downright maudlin, and it's only downhill from there. In this case it makes sense to throw money at a problem. Keep yourself busy and entertained all day long to avoid emotional traps. It's money well spent.
● Love: If you've had something on the tip of your tongue, don't be surprised if it suddenly rolls off with more eloquence, grace, and humor than you'd have thought possible. You charmer, you!
● General: Uh oh. Got a bit carried away? Still haven't been able to pry that charge card out of your hand (except when you're handing it over to a salesclerk)? Well, it might be time to sit down with the calculator and figure out exactly how much damage you've done. You wouldn't want to have to take on a part-time job just to pay the bills. That would certainly cut into your social life. Think about it now, while you still can.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Let your instincts be your guide. You're in uncharted territory here. There's no need to give up or concede defeat -- go along until you know where you're headed, then take the lead.
● Finances: You've given common sense and discipline enough of a chance. Today is all about their polar opposites. You need to be as playful as possible. Don't give a thought to winning or losing, but only how much fun you have playing the game.
● Love: Before you ask that hottie out, ask around just a little bit. You'd be surprised at what's revealed by asking their friends about them -- not to mention asking a question or two of that hottie directly.
● General: Your reputation for being funny is entirely deserved. And you'll find an appropriate place to use those silly but invaluable talents now, thanks to someone who'll turn up with 'that look' on their face -- the look that says they really need to be cheered up. So get busy. And don't think that the powers that be -- the ones who really matter -- won't notice your kindness.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: You can leave any time you want, but at the moment, you're not even tempted. Your confidence is contagious. Everyone from the lowliest intern to your top supervisor knows they can put their trust in you.
● Finances: Being too focused on money has a way of making it disappear. You risk being repulsive to profit if you continue dwelling on it. Make it a point to think about anything but cash, right down to the pennies.
● Love: A party would be fun; a theme party would be even better; a theme party you can crash that's full of intriguing strangers would be the best. Seek out some unusual entertainment -- and the folks that go along with it.
● General: As practical and matter-of-fact as you always are, you're not the type to deliberately tease your partner or make them think you might be interested in someone else just to get a rise out of them. So seeing jealousy on their face isn't something you're used to. Now that it's there, and you're not responsible, it might actually feel like a compliment. Just don't let it go too far. It's an ugly emotion.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Double-booking is not prudent, especially if you have important clients on the hook. It might be a good idea to check your calendar before you take on any more obligations.
● Finances: You have no big accomplishments to report at the end of the day and no fortunes will be won or lost. Still, it's a spectacular kind of day in all the ways that matter most. If a high energy level and loads of fun aren't what life is all about then don't bother with the money.
● Love: Warning: Things may not work out exactly as planned now, including in the romantic realm. If you can wrap your mind around this, though, and not stress out, you'll be in an excellent position to make the most of it.
● General: That exotic new acquaintance you've made? You know the one. You've been thinking about them for days. Well, they've been thinking, too, and thinking all the same things about you: that you're different, interesting and fun. So what's the holdup? Get in touch with them and let them know how you're feeling -- no gushing.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Networking may lead to relationships when work colleagues share your personal interests -- don't discount any opportunity to make a connection. Keep an open mind about new ideas and fresh perspectives.
● Finances: You have no use for discipline today. Wake up and take it from there. The day will unfold like a ribbon before you, leading you where it will. Go along for the fun of it without wondering where you'll end up.
● Love: Now, this is more like it -- party time, with you at the center of the action. You're masterful at introducing people now, including yourself, so mix, mingle and generally have a fantastic time.
● General: Still dashing around smiling? Well, it's only fair that you share the wealth, so tell your dear ones all of the marvelous things that are going on. That way, even if their day isn't going along quite so swimmingly, they'll at least be able to enjoy yours vicariously. Good things only get better when you reveal them.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Discretion is critical if no one is going to get their feelings hurt. Gossip if you must, but make sure your boss isn't staring over your shoulder. Better yet, stay out of it entirely.
● Finances: You feel restless without real work to do. But there is plenty of it all around you, just not in the form you are used to. People need your assistance and leadership skills; they just don't know how to ask. Don't wait, just start pitching in.
● Love: Listen up! And look around! Increase your awareness of everything -- and everyone -- around you, and you'll notice some rather surprising (and possibly hot) undercurrents to what's happening on the surface.