● General: If you're still feeling as if your mind is a big fog bank and your emotions are hailstones, you might not be quite ready to face the usual demands you juggle from day to day, much less any extra responsibilities. Keep your cool if your partner volunteers your services for a fundraiser or your kids tumble in with hungry friends looking for dinner -- remember that 'no' is a complete sentence. As soon as you can, try to escape to a quiet part of the house and lose yourself in a book. The diversion will take your mind off what's troubling you.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Coworkers and supervisors are receptive to anything that gets the job done more efficiently. So there's never been a better time to unveil a new method or strategy you've been dying to try. All eyes and ears are on you.
● Finances: It's hard to shift over from the pursuit of money to the pursuit of happiness. Don't look at your friends with a money sign glinting in your eye. If you're poised to jump on financial opportunities, then stay away from your social circle.
● Love: Something you say could say to a friend could be considered insensitive. While you didn't intend to be hurtful, your words can easily be misconstrued. Sincerely apologize and tread carefully next time.
● General: Now that you've got your outbursts under control, you can begin to examine the cause. You are obviously feeling uncharacteristically vulnerable and sensitive, but what triggered this reaction? Perhaps a combination of small events built up before you could adequately deal with them and the pressure broke through your self-control. Look to your inner self for the reassurance you need. True validation does not come from external sources.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Suggest a safer and saner solution: a risky proposal won't pay off right now. Coworkers may be disappointed, but they'll thank you when the results come in. And nobody has to lose their job or take a pay cut over it.
● Finances: People around you are becoming enlightened one by one. Where is your epiphany? You feel like a kid again, waiting to become a grown up. It will hit you when the time is right. Until then, just stick with your current plans.
● Love: Sometimes it's best to know when to cut your losses and move on. Being patient with someone who doesn't treat you right won't pay off in the long run. If others can't respect you, it's time to find someone who will.
● General: There's nothing flighty in your approach today. You're all business and have both the concentration and the mental sharpness to develop a full understanding of the task facing you. Not afraid to ask questions and dig beyond superficial answers, your probing puts you far ahead of the pack and significantly along the path to success. If only you could bring this same kind of focus to bear every single day. Enjoy this moment and take full advantage of it while you can.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Put your differences aside and work toward a collaborative solution. When it comes to this battle between you and a coworker, drop it for the sake of the team. If you can't let it go, take it to management or settle it behind closed doors.
● Finances: The last thing you need on a day off is for someone you think of as a friend to act like your boss. They're not getting the message, though. You can be blunt but your best course of action is to steer clear altogether. Save the weirdness for when money is involved.
● Love: When it comes to romance, it's not always in the hands of fate. When you know what you want out of love, it's easier to call the shots. Stay focused, because the outcome is up to you.
● General: If it seems that everyone knows something you don't, perhaps you need to probe the reasons why that seems to be. Burying your head in the sand effectively keeps you out of the loop and in the dark. It might not be easy to find out what's swirling around in these waters, but an innocent-sounding question posed to a well-placed source could clear things up. The information may distress you, but keep the peace for now. It may not be the right time to speak up.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You can't just go, go, go and not expect to burn out sooner or later. You'll do your best work today if you carve out a little time for yourself. Whether that means taking off early or getting a massage on your lunch break is up to you.
● Finances: You don't feel like exposing a personal part of yourself, and you're convinced no one can pry it out of you for love or money. The fact is, though, that it's your little secret so you don't have to bother hiding in your little shell. Come on out and play.
● Love: You're in dire need of some TLC. Instead of relying on others to make you feel better, why not try a little self-nurturing on your own? Pamper and treat yourself like royalty. You deserve the very best.
● General: You may have the chance to pick up terrific deals at an auction or estate sale. Thoroughly examine the pieces that interest you, however, and make your own valuations. The sellers may exaggerate age or history in the hopes of attracting higher bids. Check your guidebooks if you aren't sure about authenticity. Someone may approach you when you're leaving and offer to purchase something you've bought.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Nip the current office strife in the bud before it starts to become a problem. Petty gripes between coworkers hardly merit your attention -- but when they start to cut into office morale, it's time to get involved.
● Finances: Don't get sucked into someone's conflict. Listen to all sides before acting. Choosing the wrong person to back could cost you much more than money, so don't take anyone's word for it, either. Investigate.
● Love: When you decide to tell someone special how you really feel about them, don't mince words. Be crystal clear about your intentions and give it time to sink in. You might be pleasantly surprised at the outcome.
● General: Wise words sometimes come from unexpected sources. Listening to someone who has already found their way could help you find yours. Keep your ears open so that you can add these jewels to your treasure box. Strive each day to add at least one new insight to your growing collection. You can take them out one by one and examine them at your leisure.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: The quagmire is approaching, what are you going to do about it? When a project hits a wall, daring solutions are in order. It may take a little convincing, but pretty soon everyone will be using your innovative new approach.
● Finances: Having a day of good fun is as important as eating right and staying fit. It's downright critical. Today is your day, so treat it as if it were as important as making money. Work hard at it if you must, but be sure to enjoy yourself.
● Love: Today force yourself to do something social. Even if you want to just go home and veg out, ask some pals to join you for a movie marathon or a video game challenge. Now is not the time to be alone.
● General: Financial considerations could tempt you to throw away donation requests from worthy nonprofits that you've supported in the past. Overcome your overcautious approach to cutting back expenses. Even if you're in a bit of a financial bind at the moment, you can still contribute something and spread some good in the world. The small amounts you send will hardly impact your stricter budget -- it will give you a smile of satisfaction rather than a miserly frown.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Your willingness to do what it takes to get the job done makes you an example for others. You'll surprise yourself and others with your resourcefulness, especially in the face of technical problems.
● Finances: Things from your past are haunting you. If the haunt is too strong a word, then they're at least weirding you out. It's a good day to throw small amounts of money over your shoulder. Seeing a midday movie or buying yourself a small gift is your way of appeasing your ghosts.
● Love: Today your feelings about someone new seem to be running the spectrum of hot and cold. Just because you can't pinpoint your exact attitude towards this person doesn't mean you shouldn't pursue it further.
● General: Vast reserves of inner strength keep you going, and minor setbacks don't have the slightest chance of dimming your resolve. It helps that positive strokes far outnumber the few negative barbs you might have to pull from your hide. But even naysayers are captivated by your optimism and begin to drift over to your way of thinking. Treat newcomers with the same openhanded friendship you give your long-term supporters.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Don't let others persuade you to change your opinions today. This time, go with what your gut is telling you and trust your instincts, whether you're signing legal documents or providing input on a potential hire.
● Finances: If it were a business day, you would never sign on the dotted line. That's because you're just not clicking with those around you. Wait until you are getting along better with others before making any decisions, financial or otherwise.
● Love: When the fact about someone new doesn't make sense, trust your instincts instead. Sometimes a gut reaction is more accurate than what the evidence leads you to believe.
● General: You may not want to answer the phone today, and that's fine as long as you remember to check your messages and return any important calls. Caught up completely in the mental exercise of spinning outlandish scenarios, you could imagine yourself in all sorts of extraordinary situations. The key to your innermost dreams could lie in some of these projections. Begin thinking about what it would take to turn your fantasies into reality.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: If you're wondering why things seem off, it's because the direction is unclear. It's time your company or team revisited its core values. You're in a good position to lead the discussion, though you might be surprised when nothing truly radical shakes out.
● Finances: There's enough goodwill to go around. Too bad there's so little money to go with it. You and your friends are on a low budget and you'd better keep it that way. Find ways to have fun on the cheap.
● Love: A friendship could be in jeopardy today if you continue to blow off invitations. Stop being flaky and let your pals know what's going on. You can be busy and still keep your pals happy as long as you leave the doors to communication open.
● General: All kinds of breakthroughs and positive developments can be yours if you concentrate on strategies related to your property, investments, products or services. An especially keen insight and plenty of background information could turn difficult decisions into child's play. That idea for transforming a hobby into a moneymaking opportunity also deserves another look. Focus on building gradually. Who knows what kind of an empire you can develop?
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Daunting tasks really aren't that big of a deal if you take baby steps. That pile of papers on your desk may seem endless now, but if you just start plowing through it, you'll be surprised at how quickly it diminishes.
● Finances: Most of your days are good ones, with the occasional great day thrown in for good measure. Today you are head over heels in love with life. Others are impressed with your strong emotions and wonder how you keep it up. That's your little secret.
● Love: It's natural to be idealistic when thinking of how past relationships could have been. But what's done is done. Think about the present and how you can shape your future with the decisions you make today. You are in control of your destiny.
● General: Every now and then, events really hit home and cause you to critically examine your place in this world. Perhaps it is time for you to take a more active role in community affairs, or maybe you have your sights set even higher. If you make commitments, however, you must be determined to follow through with them. While your talents can be put to very good use, empty promises cannot.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Opportunity is everywhere, and there's no lack of jobs for which you're qualified. You're in a good position to negotiate for a raise or promotion, so remind your boss of your value to the organization.
● Finances: You have very little self-discipline today, but it's the rare day when that is totally okay. Indulge your whims, as long as they're within budget. You really can't do much harm so you might as well enjoy yourself.
● Love: Friends come in handy today when you need a fresh perspective on a problem that's been vexing you for quite some time. Listen to their ideas with interest and be open to newfangled solutions without shooting them down.
● General: Pushy people may be goading you beyond your endurance. It's wise to remember that no one can take advantage of you unless you allow them to. If you find that everyone is taking you for granted and expecting more and more, it could be time to go on strike. You don't have to be unpleasant to make them listen. A total cessation of all unreasonable activities and an assertive declaration of your boundaries will have a remarkable effect.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Temper your statements with tact and know when to shut your mouth. Before you open your mouth today, make sure you know your audience. It's not so much what you say but how you say it.
● Finances: Your friends are not your stepping stones, but that doesn't mean they can't help you get ahead. Pick and choose carefully when it comes time to ask for favors. Some people are more giving than others.
● Love: Today pay attention to little clues that a close friend may want to pursue a romantic relationship with you. Not all hints will be as obvious as flowers and candy. Watch their body language for unspoken declarations of love.