● General: Instead of pretending they don't exist, you should foster your opportunistic tendencies without any guilt today. If you are smart enough to see an opportunity when it comes your way, why shouldn't you jump right on it? Wise people make the most of the circumstances they are in. If you're hearing negative input about the way you choose to move forward in life, these comments are probably caused by jealousy. Ignore them and carry on your wise way.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Don't be afraid to speak up in meetings or ask uncomfortable questions right now. Communication is everything, especially if you feel a project has gone off track. Your coworkers may prove surprisingly receptive to your suggestions and concerns.
● Finances: Waiting for opportunities to drop in your lap will be a long wait. It's time to take advantage of everything at your disposal instead of hoping for things to fall into place. Jump on whatever you see that has a possibility.
● Love: Be cautious when it comes to romance. If the red flags are flying, you better pay attention. You can't quite pinpoint it, but something isn't quite right. Honor that feeling. If it's worth pursuing, it can wait until you have more information and confidence.
● General: People from different backgrounds or cultures will play an important role in your life today. Their charm and friendliness will provide you with the positive reinforcement you need, and they will make you feel much more comfortable in an awkward situation. Not everyone is as open-minded as you, so be prepared to create a place where new people can meet and mingle. A social event can help cultures meld instead of collide.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Keep the upper hand and you're sure to come out ahead. The worst thing you can do is bow down in a power struggle with a coworker (or worse, a supervisor). Brown-nosing will get you nowhere fast. Even if you fail, you still have your self-respect.
● Finances: Don't think that others can't understand your ideals. Not only are they open to them, but you'll all benefit from their enlightenment. Start spreading the word and watch the profits follow.
● Love: Be open to unusual types and use your resourceful intelligence to find out more about a certain someone. Opposites are extra attractive now -- a few open-ended questions could end up in sweet agreement and a hot date!
● General: Is there something you've been meaning to talk to someone about? Today is the right time to sit down with that person and let it out. If he or she isn't receptive, don't worry. You need to at least attempt to get things out in the open, but keeping the conversation going isn't solely your responsibility. All you have to do is respect that nagging feeling inside of you and tell the truth to the people who need to hear it. Once it's out there in the world, you've done all you have to do.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Incremental change will lead to improvements now. Even if you want to see major upheavals around the office, you'll have to take things more slowly if you want to get your colleagues on board. Be patient and exercise good judgment.
● Finances: Someone can get the upper hand in an instant if you're not careful. By hyper vigilant to ensure someone you work with doesn't take over as your boss. That would mean more money for them and less for you. It goes without saying that's their hidden agenda.
● Love: If a coworker is asking a few too many questions about your love life, well, there's no reason you have to answer. Smile mysteriously and rush off to a meeting, even if it's just with your next cup of coffee.
● General: There's a disconnection in your social group right now. Either everyone else wants to whoop it up and you don't feel like going out, or you're in a mood to paint the town red and you can't find anyone to go with you. Whatever the problem is, you're just going to have to go with what the majority rules and make the best of it. If you're the one who doesn't feel like going out, remember that sometimes forced socialization can end up being the very thing you need.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Make a solid offer, but don't promise more than you can deliver. It's all about following through and quality, not quantity. And remember, the fate of a project or investment is in the hands of your customers or clients.
● Finances: Things can go well or poorly, depending on when you take care of them. The longer you put things off, the more likely they are to fail. Address important issues today, while there is still a strong chance of success.
● Love: Looking for love is tremendously easy and fun now. Maybe it's because you're fabulous and feeling friendly with the world. It's better to put out that expansive energy instead of seeking selfish gains.
● General: Few people fully appreciate the power of suggestion -- do you? Today, if you need to sell a product, an idea or yourself, use a heavy dose of bright enthusiasm to make your point (and make the sale). People want to be a part of something positive and exciting -- and if you can lend those qualities to what you're advocating, you can convert anyone! This is a great opportunity to push your agenda and get things pointed in the direction you want.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Keep your focus, but try a new approach to the same old routine -- it'll help make the doldrums more tolerable. Otherwise, the tedium of day-to-day tasks will drain your energy -- don't let it. You have too much going on right now.
● Finances: Don't burry your ego under false humility. Let it out for some air. No one expects you to behave like a holy person, after all. As long as you keep your self-respect healthy, your ego can only boost your productivity today.
● Love: Take action! The more you get out there, the better your chances of meeting someone great. If you can swing a lunch and a dinner date, do it. If you've been considering a cooking class and a hot yoga class, try both.
● General: Your critical eye has 20/20 vision right now, but it isn't the only tool you can use to see what's really going on. Remember, your creativity and intuition can help you sense things on another level. You can sense the subconscious urges and wishes of other people quickly, perhaps even before they do. Like a keystone in an arch, you are holding things together in your group of friends. Make suggestions for the changes you think need to happen to retain a harmonious structure.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: It's fine to seek responsibility but know when to say when. No one will blame you for refusing to take on more than you can reasonably handle. Don't hesitate to delegate if you're feeling overwhelmed.
● Finances: You'll meet a special friend just when you least expect it. The setting shouldn't come as a surprise, considering how much time you spend there, but it does. Be open to more than money while at work today.
● Love: You definitely have some pretty big ideas about what you want from romance -- that's better than not knowing at all. Keep these ideas in mind and continue to explore them further. It'll all come together when you least expect it.
● General: Despite all the advice you've been given, focusing on your limits today is not going to help you get past them. Right now, you need to forget about whatever is holding you back. The more you think about it, the more power you're giving it. It's time to fake it 'til you make it! Stride forward with all your energy, and don't even think about failure. If you can convince yourself of your value, then other people will soon be convinced too -- and doors will start opening.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Deadlines are less important than getting it right, especially when the bottom line is at stake. So don't hesitate to breathe first and take the extra time to read the fine print today, even if someone is hounding you to get it done.
● Finances: You took a sentimental trip down memory lane and now you're stuck there. Your happy memories are clouded by darker realizations. Shake the feeling or risk the past repeating itself.
● Love: Use your powers of investigation to confirm or deny that gut feeling -- heed the instinct that's telling you not to get too excited before you know more. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
● General: Self-discipline is not an easy thing to achieve, especially now, when so many different ideas and opportunities are tempting you. But if you think of these temptations as tests of your willpower, you can see a direct connection between refusing something that isn't good and welcoming something that is good. You know the things to avoid, so avoid them. This may require a last-minute revision to your social plans.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Figure out an exciting way to get your point across. People respond better when you take a creative approach. Why not hold their attention with a dynamic presentation? If it's different, it'll stick in their brain and make an impact.
● Finances: You are determined to succeed, even if odds are stacked against you. That kind of ambition can't be bought or learned. Sheer willpower is what it will take, but you are not likely to give up. Give the bulldog in you a long leash.
● Love: Keep an eye out for a lucky connection -- take yourself out and explore. Look for love in all the right places. Consider bringing a sidekick for extra feedback and fun. You're feeling great and it shows.
● General: When you are faced with a challenge today, your original mind and unique sense of self-expression will put you at center stage -- and don't be surprised if your performance earns you several curtain calls. This is a new chance to shine and put old disappointments behind you. Get ready for a renewed sense of self, as well as a chance to finally make your mark on the world. It might not happen overnight, but it is going to happen sooner than you think.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Keep up your pace and don't worry so much about what others are doing. The extra hours now are going to pay off soon, so don't get frustrated if you feel you're doing more than your fair share. Someone important is taking notes.
● Finances: Music motivates you like nothing else can. Even the lure of money pales compared to what the arts can do for you. Others may not realize you're preparing yourself for a long workday, though so keep their appeal private.
● Love: Your romantic ideals just aren't that realistic. Do you want to hold onto that abstract idea of perfection or find a real-deal romance, shortcomings and all? It's certainly up to you, but keep in mind, that kind of perfection is truly unattainable.
● General: Like slowly rising bread dough, your business or career plans are finally starting to turn into something real! This is a day of great momentum, when a little nudge of effort in one direction will cause a giant avalanche of good will, positive feedback and success. Keep talking all day long -- the more you can connect people to what you're doing, the better. You will soak up a lot of energy from the enthusiasm that other people are showing you.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Who knew things could go this smoothly? For once, everything seems to be going exactly as planned. Orders arrive on time, schedules are met, and everyone knows exactly what they need to do.
● Finances: Your energy and stamina have held up long enough to see a bit of progress. You're finally getting a sense of accomplishment, after a long push with nothing to show for it. It might be pennies trickling in now, but you will see the big bills soon enough.
● Love: Now's a great time to pursue politics, explore the arts or volunteer for the greater good. Getting involved with a group of people who believe in a cause you're passionate about could well lead to other sorts of passion.
● General: Recent fires have left scorch marks on a lot of reputations -- is yours included in that burned bunch? Double-check where you stand with the people who matter today. Your reputation is something you've worked very hard to build, and it should be your top concern today. Chances are, you're still looking rosy -- but the act of touching base will keep you in the pink. Making the extra effort 'just in case' is what put you in the high-integrity category to begin with.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Don't be afraid to get specific with your pitch. Whether you're asking for a raise or a new assignment, the important thing is to be clear about what you want. After all, how can anyone meet ambiguous terms? Besides, you'll sound wishy-washy -- such a turnoff.
● Finances: Discipline is the name of the game. You can waste your entire day in undisciplined ways if you aren't careful. Frittering away your energy would be a crying shame, not to mention a huge loss of money.
● Love: Try communicating nonverbally today. It's amazing what silence can convey. This newfound quietude will freak everyone out, especially those who know you well. Let 'em keep talking -- you're staying quiet as a monk for the time being.
● General: Keep in mind that your friends in high places are primarily your friends. It would be a shame to forget this fact, especially if you're growing too interested in how they can get you where you need to be. The minute this focus eclipses your concern for their personal happiness, you run the risk of losing a friendship. These friends are valuable to you not for where they can take you, but for who they are. Forget what they do for a living, and pay attention to what they teach you.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: No one can fault you for being a smart negotiator, especially when your reputation (or job) is on the line. Don't trust offers that seem too good to be true. Ask the tough questions now and you won't get stuck paying the price later.
● Finances: It's easy to find someone who wants to lead you, but finding someone who is adept at doing it is a lot harder than it seems. You'd be wasting both time and money if you followed the wrong person, so be judicious.
● Love: Set out to have a solo adventure, and you never know who you might meet. Visit a venue where you can rub elbows with like-minded artists and creative types. Who's that hot bohemian in the corner? Why not sidle over there and find out?