● General: Your emotions today are like a piece of bacon dropped into a hot frying pan: they're twitching, popping and sizzling. You're stuck in this spot for now, but there's a lot you can do to distract yourself. Keep busy physically. Active hands and plenty of movement will counteract your emotional state and could even mute the effect enough to give you long stretches of peace. By the time you get a chance to share your feelings, you'll have a better handle on them.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Competitors are paying attention and making notes, lots of them. You're more than halfway there, so don't lose momentum now. Capitalize on the gains you've made to solidify your recent achievements and benchmarks.
● Finances: Just like love can seem to creep up on you out of nowhere, a good investment is just waiting for you to notice it. Once you do, you'll wonder what took you so long. Keep your eyes and mind open today.
● Love: If you've been feeling a little frustrated in the realm of romance, some energy's coming from the stars now that can change all that -- in a big way. Start by listening up -- to a certain someone and to your intuition.
● General: An elaborate dinner party involves a considerable amount of work, but it is a deeply satisfying way to share quality time with friends and family. Go all out on your preparations. You may even want to set this event up as a formal occasion or give it a special theme. The creativity you demonstrate with the menu, table settings and atmosphere will stimulate other ideas for equally enjoyable ways to express your artistry.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Food and fun will smooth over what hours of negotiations failed to accomplish. That's why lunch and dinner meetings are perfect, if, of course, you can get people to agree on a location. The informal atmosphere should break up the last remaining trouble spots.
● Finances: You can be tolerant of the ups and downs that come with any relationship, even a financial one, but you should also know when to cut your losses. Don't let it be a matter of being right, either. Sometimes admitting you were wrong is your best bet.
● Love: Staying home and relaxing might sound the most fun to you now, but the stars say great connections can also be made. How about getting on a social networking or personals site and sending a few flirty messages?
● General: You have money on your mind today and nothing can dislodge your financial concerns from their place of prominence. Your worries over this are going on primarily inside your head, but family members will be able to tell from the set of your mouth and the occasional snappish response that something's bugging you. Woe to the child or spouse who asks for extra money, especially if you consider the purchase frivolous and ill-timed. Is it time to redo your budget?
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: If you're in the position to tighten everyone's money belt, do it. If not, do whatever you can in your corner of the workplace to make sure the business stays in the black. After all, your job may depend on it.
● Finances: Everything you say should be taken with a grain of salt, but instead, it will be swallowed hook, line, and sinker. Be very careful with any statements you make today. Something uttered in jest can get you in hot water if taken seriously.
● Love: Work or financial matters may be uppermost in your mind, and when it comes to matters of the heart, your thoughts or feelings may be unclear. Try doing one thing at a time and you'll be fine.
● General: A strong sense of anticipation follows you all day. It's as if you're on the brink of a major discovery or significant personal breakthrough. Nothing seems impossible right now, but at the same time you may be feeling somewhat emotional. This is a good thing -- you have a heightened sense of the importance of your nearest and dearest to your life. Remember that hugging your child for no obvious reason or whispering endearments to your partner are good practices all the time, and not just when you are feeling so blessed.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Don't assume the higher-ups aren't paying attention to you because they have bigger worries. You're working at your peak, and the important folks should notice -- even if it seems as if everyone else is wrapped up in their own little dramas.
● Finances: You want only the best -- interest rate, return, quality, quantity. Whatever you choose today, it has to have the biggest bang for the buck or you're simply not interested. No need to avoid these extravagant impulses, either.
● Love: Some extra stellar intuition plus an unusual propensity to act on impulse make you a real natural when it comes to the love department now. Go ahead and make someone's -- or a few someones' -- day.
● General: It's not all that often that you find yourself cast in the role of mediator, but today your temperament is just right for handling a touchy situation. With careful words and a friendly smile, you can make inroads where others cannot because the combatants appreciate that you are trying to be fair. Keep trying even if you secretly think you're in over your head. Good results will crown your efforts.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: It's a great time to start something new on a preferably small but potentially life-changing scale. Whatever it is, don't be shy. Make sure everyone knows you're committed and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done right.
● Finances: Your biggest achievements today are actually your smallest ones. A bit of restraint goes a long way. The less you spend and the less you commit to spending in the future, the bigger the payoff will be.
● Love: You may feel a bit vulnerable or blue during the day, so meet a friend for lunch to boost your spirits. By tonight, though, expect some entirely different, entirely fabulous energy to start moving in.
● General: Everybody decides to visit you on cleaning day. Sit back and enjoy all the attention. So what if dust bunnies fly across the floor every time someone walks through the living room or the newspapers are piled up in three-foot stacks beside the couch? No one's here to critique your housekeeping; they're here to spend a few hours in friendship and conversation. Pull out the beverages, throw together a plate of quick snacks and relax and enjoy a sociable afternoon.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Sometimes you have to do all the dirty work. After all, who else will serve as a coach? You're the linchpin of the team right now, so make sure everyone's on track to meet their goals. It's up to you to push your group over the finish line first.
● Finances: The less you brag, the less attention you bring to yourself. On the other hand, being the underdog brings unwelcome attention, too. Find that middle ground so you can get done what you have to without any unnecessary interference.
● Love: It's times like these that the ol' support system comes in handy. Whether you're tackling a major romantic situation or perhaps wishing you were, friends and family have an extra positive impact now.
● General: You know that long list of stuff you wanted to do today? Forget about it. One thing after another comes up to thwart your plans. You'll be miles ahead if you surrender early on to spontaneity. Whether you're chauffeuring the kids all over town to activities you didn't know about, picking up a parent whose car won't start or handling another half-dozen impromptu requests, keep your humor -- your family will cherish you even more for your laid-back approach.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Nothing is ever as simple as it should be, but you're in luck. This is one of those days when everything sort of slides into place. If you're taking it easy today, expect a call that will bring you a great new contact or opportunity.
● Finances: Don't worry if you're not sure what the day holds. You have enough creativity to handle anything that comes your way without having a plan for your defense. Relax knowing you can actually make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
● Love: Friends and family are likely foremost in your heart, and the time you spend devoted to them is certainly time well spent. Let them know how much you care and what you value about them, and feel the love.
● General: You could luck out and find a fabulous sale today. Something you've had your eye on for a while could be marked down so drastically you can buy it without feeling the least bit guilty. It's fun to treat yourself to something really special now and again, but guard against the temptation to indulge even more. You'll find it much harder just justify additional purchases. The key question is: Do you really need it -- or just want it?
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: If you're tuning into signals from your subconscious, listen carefully! Your intuition is strong now and probably guiding you in a new direction that will reshape how you think about your day-to-day business life.
● Finances: You are your own worst critic but you're also your most adoring fan. Too bad you can't just sit back and watch your own show. You should be too busy to be that self-conscious if you're doing things right today.
● Love: Let your intuition kick in during the day -- it's got something to tell you that your mere (but, of course, prodigious) intellect won't. Romance isn't just about the facts, it's about the underlying feelings.
● General: Problem-solving is not on the agenda in your household today. Everybody seems to be speaking a different language, so communication could be all but impossible. You won't be able to agree on how to spend the afternoon, either. Some will be eager for physical activity, while others think the movie theater is a perfect destination. Split up into camps according to your inclinations and then share your experiences over dinner.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Don't force anything, especially if you're feeling under the weather. Just realize when you're down, you'll need to turn to low-impact activities. Your mood is the key to your performance right now -- use it as a gauge.
● Finances: The miles you have to travel could unexpectedly increase but that's not necessarily a bad thing. No matter how sick you are of being in a foreign land, there is more to learn and more money to be made before you make it home.
● Love: The romantic questions you've been courageous enough to ask recently get answered now -- at least in part. Bonus: The answers, while unexpected, open brilliant new realms of possibility.
● General: You could be right in the middle of an interesting story in the morning paper when a totally unexpected and out-of-the-blue verbal spat practically knocks you off the couch. Responding with anger and irritation is a sure way to escalate the conflict. If you listen, though, you will soon discover what you initially perceived as an attack is simply this person's way of opening a dialogue about a situation that has very little to do with you. You'd rather read the paper, but compassion will carry the day.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: New ideas are worth more than piles of gold, and you're just about to get a juicy brainchild. Carry a recorder or notepad around with you to get it all down -- you don't want to miss a single smidge of this stream of consciousness.
● Finances: Expect the best but prepare for the worst, at least in business. The weather may be fine but there are storms brewing in your professional relationships. Be prepared.
● Love: Now's not the time to be thin-skinned, whether it's with regard to work, romance or something else altogether. Try to see all aspects of the situation, and try not to take it as being more personal than it is.
● General: You really can't put off a home repair much longer. You may as well dig out the tools and tackle it today, whether it's a dripping faucet, a loose floorboard, a running toilet or some other minor annoyance. Sure, you'd much rather spend the afternoon lazing around or taking a drive, but look at this exercise as a challenge to your tendency for procrastination. Be truthful with yourself: Have you been pushing yourself enough lately?
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Why wring your hands over such trivial matters? You may have some important business to deal with, but don't linger over it. Take care of all the big, scary priorities in your schedule first, then move on to personal matters.
● Finances: A sudden change in attitude has you seeing everything in a new light. If you never realized how easy it is to compromise, enjoy the sense of empowerment it brings you in all your dealings.
● Love: If you can keep your cool when confronted with a contradiction or sudden change in the realm of romance, there's a discovery to be made and positive growth to be found. Count to ten and take another look.
● General: You and your special someone are as inseparable as peanut butter and jelly today and just as sweet. Instead of spending the afternoon doing the same kinds of things you usually do, suggest something completely different. Maybe you'll want to go cross-country skiing, take a horse and buggy ride through the historic section of your city or try snow camping. Maybe you'll want to do all of those things. The point is to think creatively.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You'll pay the price if your attention starts to wander, so don't let your coworkers suck you into their dramas. Your boss is paying attention, and you have work to do. Go home for the weekend with a clean slate and a clear conscience.
● Finances: Fantasies have a strong grip on you today. That's okay if you let them motivate you to action. If you let yourself drift away into inner dramas then you're just wasting your emotional energy. Tap in but stay present.
● Love: If you've been looking for a little genuine appreciation, the stars say now's the time you can find it. Try making an overture or two, whether online or off, and let them experience your gloriousness.