Horoscope for today - Free Daily Horoscope - August 1 2017
● General: You're always the person everyone comes to when they're after advice, counsel or a couple of dollars to pay the rent. Does that mean it's the only type of relationship you're capable of having? Hardly. In fact, a long-distance lover could well be making plans to tiptoe subtly back into your life. If you're game, don't be afraid to make the first move and issue the invitation -- but be sure they pay for the ticket. Just this once.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You're seeing the big picture more clearly than ever, and your visionary ideas are getting a welcome reception. Don't hold anything back now. Ask, and you will receive. Guaranteed.
● Finances: You're suddenly feeling very selfless. Money pales beside the value of helping others. The rewards you'll reap from today's efforts will be huge, and yes, they will even pay off financially somewhere down the road.
● Love: You give pets a treat when they perform well, right? Well, now it's time to pamper yourself. Your last few romantic entanglements were touch-and-go, but you behaved honorably, to say the least. Good job!
● General: Okay, you're done. It's finally time to let go of all those intense feelings you've been dealing with. If you have some free time, you can actually spend it having some fun. Bet you're feeling better already, just thinking about how wonderful it will be to let go and stop worrying. Of course, if you really want to feel better, you'll plan some quality time alone with a loved one. Really alone. Like, at your place alone.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Financial issues are making you question your whole career path lately. Don't let money worries drive you off the deep end -- the solution could be as simple as budgeting more effectively.
● Finances: You face the morning bracing for the boredom of the every-day but don't be surprised if you end it holding onto routine for dear life. You're going to have some unexpected ups and downs today, with a few jerks to the side thrown in for good measure. It is anything but predictable.
● Love: Finding out information at the wrong time can tilt a burgeoning relationship off balance permanently. What can you do? If it wasn't meant to work out, nothing can make this situation go right.
● General: With any luck, you have gotten over the urge to exact revenge, because with the kind of conscience you're toting around, it wouldn't work for long, anyway. You'd have to turn yourself in and apologize. No, you may be fiery, but you know when to call it quits on the anger thing -- and it's time. Besides, it's time to have fun, and whoever or whatever got in between you and that all-encompassing objective? They're history.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Whatever you're avoiding, it's time to face it. It'll seem easier to hide in your cubicle to avoid distractions next week, but eventually you're going to have to come out of hibernation and deal with that issue.
● Finances: Don't worry about tying up any loose ends today. You're an idea person, at least for the day, so leave it to others to actually follow through. You can worry about ownership tomorrow.
● Love: This person is enjoying the chase -- and the truth is, you're enjoying the pursuit so much you want it to continue. Go ahead and bat those eyelashes, drop handkerchiefs and revel in an old-fashioned courtship.
● General: One-on-one relationships are your specialty -- you absolutely live for them. For the next month or so, that's going to be even more true. You'll want to spoil your partner rotten, thus they'll be tickled pink and ultra-proud of themselves for choosing you. Of course, getting together with them -- on at least one occasion -- may be a bit tricky because of their schedule. If you're patient and persistent -- and heaven knows you can be -- it will all work out.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You'll be easily distracted over the coming week, so breaking everything down into little steps is crucial. Set goals you can actually achieve, and don't let frustration diminish your focus.
● Finances: You think life on the home front should be going more smoothly than it is. You and the universe are at odds on this one, clearly. But you don't realize how many life lessons you're learning by enduring this turbulent period. Make the most of it while you endure.
● Love: Like a diamond, you need just the right setting to bring out your inner fire. Gather your friends together and head someplace that makes your eyes sparkle. Someone will spot you for the jewel that you are.
● General: After what seems like months of dealing with cranky, unfriendly people who aren't at all open to seeing things your way, you've finally arrived at a better way of doing things. You're going to ignore them -- and better still, you're going to ignore them long distance. You have the brochures, you've talked to the travel agents and you've chosen a location. But do you really want to go alone? Perhaps!
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: It'll be business as usual, and all of a sudden, you'll fly into a squall of controversy. Watch out! It's going to be a bumpy few days, so try to keep your head down and your eyes on the end result.
● Finances: It's time to romance the universe a little bit. Make an offering of the monetary variety. It doesn't have to be huge but it should be big enough to be felt -- by both the recipient and by you.
● Love: Is it wrong to want the finer things in life? Only if it's at the cost of your inner values. If you're judging prospective romances by a material standard -- well, it looks like your values might need some adjusting.
● General: That higher-up you've been especially disgusted with? They can only keep bugging you if you let them. So don't. Take the whole day off to enjoy the company of those you love, and go back to work with an entirely new attitude. You're a chameleon; you're skilled at adapting; you're a survivor. If anyone can do this, you can.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: It's all about the team early in the week. Radical new ideas are best put off until later, when you've cleared the mundane details out of the way. Loyalty now will not be forgotten in the future.
● Finances: What you're experiencing is more than a minor setback. Your sense of denial has been useful, even healthy, but it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. Don't worry, you have what it takes to make it through to the other side.
● Love: No sign in the zodiac is neater or more organized than yours, but what few people realize is how earthy and sensual you are too. You're the total package. An upcoming date will soon realize this.
● General: You've been juggling work, family and your primary relationship for what seems like weeks. But it's finally over. The heavens have just unwound themselves, giving you the green light to pursue anything -- and, more importantly, anyone -- you see fit to pursue. In the meantime, while you're doing your best to keep things peaceful on the home front, that could be a bit of a challenge. Don't give in, though. You're almost there.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Meetings will be a breeze next week. All the resistance will suddenly vanish, and your proposals will be met with kudos all around. At this rate, you'll get everything done well before your deadlines.
● Finances: You have a huge bounty of energy today but it will all be wasted if you don't find the perfect balance between socializing and working. The right amount of each is a thing of beauty -- too much or not enough of either is a crying shame.
● Love: Just when you thought romance was dead (at least for you), someone comes along who puts the sparkle in your eye. All it takes is one simple event to change your life. Are you beginning to see the light?
● General: You can come out now. It's finally safe. That means whatever you've been trying to forget about will finally become no more than a distant memory. In the meantime, you can do yourself a tremendous favor by simply letting go of the anger and resentment you've been feeling -- and what finer way to do just that than by taking yourself out for a ride? A nice, long one. To the home of someone who appreciates you.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You may not be able to extricate yourself completely from a workplace drama this coming week, no matter how hard you try, so focus on damage control. Try to keep the upper hand and don't get drawn into petty battles.
● Finances: You're like a cat chasing a reflected ray of light on the floor -- the decision you need to make is proving elusive, but you can't give up the chase, either. Something inside you just won't let you stop even though it's finally clear the 'prey' is being manipulated by a third party.
● Love: You vowed you'd never enter the wacky world of online dating, or let your mom set you up with one more chiropractor. But never say never -- the stars say unexpected sources hold unexpected riches.
● General: After all this tension and ridiculousness, you're golden. The universe has seen fit to arrange for things to go easily for you -- yes, just this once. And as for that new admirer with whom it hasn't exactly been easy to get together? The roadblocks will officially be removed, and connecting will be easy. Now stop worrying about what's in the past. It might not have been pleasant, but it's over.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Less stress leads to higher productivity. So instead of working yourself into a stupor, take some time to do the things you really enjoy today. Your mental health will benefit -- and so will the bottom line.
● Finances: Everyone wants something from you, even if it's just advice. If you're not up to the task then make it clear you have enough of your own financial mess to sort through. But if you have a valuable bit of insight, then don't hesitate to offer it.
● Love: You're an expert at persuading others to reach higher, now how about yourself? Think about your love life and what really serves your needs as opposed to locking you into repetitious and unhealthy patterns.
● General: To say the past couple of days have been tricky isn't really quite capturing the spirit of the times. In fact, you've had it with just about everyone and everything. Fortunately, you have a respite at your disposal. You can separate yourself from whomever and whatever has just pushed your buttons for the very last time. Make the most of it. And don't be afraid to take a friend along to enjoy the ride.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Your schedule is starting to get the better of you. Admit it: You're overbooked. Let someone else can take care of some of your tasks and chores today, and spend a little time recharging your batteries.
● Finances: You can't get blood from a stone. If you're looking for an infusion of money, you're better off looking for it elsewhere than trying to raise it from your existing sources of income. Expecting a raise now is sheer foolishness.
● Love: It's a rare occasion when you let yourself stop thinking about work and just cut loose. The stars say now is the time to revel in a little hedonism. Revive your social life and you'll see your love prospects brighten.
● General: After what you went through over the past couple of days, today will be an absolute dream come true. That means no more explaining your every move to loved ones who don't quite believe you, no more chatting up people you're not really interested in and an end to worrying about not being able to say the right thing. In fact, saying the right thing to someone who doesn't realize you're not really interested may be your worst problem. But aren't you used to that by now?
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: You don't have enough information to make a decision about a new business venture. Fortunately, there's no real pressure to decide. Do your research and put off any big moves until later next week.
● Finances: Use your intellectual abilities for good instead of evil. You can imagine walking a mile in someone else's shoes today and spare yourself the actual suffering. The experience will leave you seeing them -- and yourself -- in an entirely new light.
● Love: A potential sweetheart is making a fuss over you. You, modest and humble sign that you are, feel like you should repay them somehow. Don't! They're giving this affection freely. Accept it graciously.
● General: Still not done clearing the air? Still feel as if there's something you need to say? Well, go ahead. Just make sure you're finished by tonight, because the heavens are ready to banish all such unpleasant moments to the past. To cooperate, all you have to do is finish up on that diatribe you started days ago -- and then resolve to let it go, permanently. Are you up for it or what?
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You may be caught in the middle of a power struggle next week. If there's nothing you can do to extricate yourself, try to broker a compromise. Diplomacy is your ultimate skill.
● Finances: It's time to make a few improvements, with or without the funding. There are plenty of ways you can tweak the system without spending a penny, just get creative.
● Love: Sometimes nothing settles the question more decisively than a good old-fashioned pro-con list. Sit down by yourself -- or with a pal, if you need the company -- and figure out this cutie's credits and debits.