Horoscope for today - Free Daily Horoscope - August 10 2017
● General: It's not like you to think about shopping when you really don't need or want anything -- and there isn't even a sale going on! But you're thinking about it now. You just can't wait to get to the mall and stroll down a boulevard of shops, or head off to anywhere else there might be something interesting and unusual to buy. Well, keep your wallet in your pocket, at least for a little while. This, too, shall pass.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: The promotion you deserve? It's yours. The raise you want? Done and done. Yep, the stars guarantee that all your hard work is about to pay off in spades -- just don't act too surprised when the cat's out of the bag.
● Finances: If ever there was a time for independent thought, it's now. Some serious action is necessary but don't bother looking to the left or to the right for pointers, unless it's to find the nagging voice you ignored this time last year.
● Love: Your unique personality is gaining you notice from a certain cutie. The temptation to become self-conscious is strong, but try to stay loose and in the moment. After all, your essential self is so very attractive!
● General: Even though you'll want to get along, it may not be entirely possible at this moment. An emotional tug-of-war seems imminent. The good news is you're confident enough to stop tugging when you realize someone could get hurt -- someone who's not nearly as well-armed as you are, for example. On one of your bad days, that could be just about anyone. And this is a good day.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You know that certain procedures need to be fixed to get things done correctly. Make sure you explain that clearly to someone who might want to change the system willy-nilly.
● Finances: When it comes to romance, trying something new off the menu or taking a spur of the moment detour, go for it, Taurus. But when it comes to all things financial, you and the rest of the world already know nothing will pay off.
● Love: This person just isn't your type -- but other than that, do you have any objections? If not, then what's the harm of going out on one date? Expand your horizons. You might discover something -- or someone -- great.
● General: Speaking of being frugal, you may need to pull back your emotions just a bit, even if you were just getting ready to let them out -- and it certainly looks as if you were. But no matter what else is going on, pay close attention to your emotional antennae. If they tell you to charge ahead, go for it. If not, sit tight, regardless of what anyone else says. After all, when has your intuition ever let you down?
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Your direct, take-no-prisoners manner today can really cut through the bull when it comes to a long-winded coworker, manager or client. Be gentle but firm -- if you have to walk away, excuse yourself politely.
● Finances: This rocky period isn't permanent but the timeline for change isn't linear. You'll be up, down and sideways before you go forward, so get used to bumping heads with other investors who come from different angles.
● Love: Try not to pout if a date doesn't deliver on a casual promise. After all, the gift isn't usually half as much fun as the anticipation. Let everything be lively, lovely and loose. Let the small stuff roll off your back.
● General: If anyone has a right to be impatient with roadblocks, it's you. You always try your best to keep things running smoothly, and, for the most part, you do a fine job. But some things even you can't fix, and you're about to encounter one of them: the immovable will of someone who doesn't understand the concept of bending. Don't be impatient with them. Their help will be invaluable when it comes to keeping a relationship together down the road.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Don't let your feelings interfere with business matters -- especially if those feelings are actually about something else entirely. But, if your instincts are urgently telling you something about a certain deal, make sure to listen.
● Finances: With finances in a time of crisis, you'll be tempted to put your own oxygen mask on first. But things aren't as dire as all that, Cancer, so doing something for yourself will just look selfish, instead of practical.
● Love: Feeling unmoored by your recent encounter with an ex? No wonder -- you didn't leave on the best of terms, but the stars give you a chance to wrap up your romantic karma. Clean the slate for your next romance.
● General: Here comes your second wind -- just a little too late for your taste. Of course, now that it's here, you won't be able to live with yourself if you don't at least try to do something with it. It's okay, just let it go. You'll feel far worse if you exhaust yourself by doing anything at all. Besides, you won't believe how much you'll get done after a little R and R. Rest is crucial for a brain like yours.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Why does a certain project always hit the wall when it comes to a certain person? Think about it. Could you be doing something more to circumvent or prevent this? You may need to seek help from above.
● Finances: You need to get away from all the pettiness and stress. The prefect escape is much harder without cash, but there are still plenty of cheap ways to get a change of scenery. Close your checkbook and get out there.
● Love: The latest thing always seems so desirable, but that may not be the case. It's just that you and this person have hit a transitional moment in your new association. Just wait these feeling out and you'll be fine.
● General: You've never been good at waiting, hoping or praying. It's what other people do -- lesser people who are more easily appeased. No, taking action has always been your favorite tactic. At the moment, however, you'll have to learn the virtue of patience. You'll also have to help yourself understand you can't be responsible for anyone else's actions. That will be a bit trickier.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Your team may need a leader, and you think you know just the right person for the job. Go ahead -- give them a call and make them an offer they can't refuse. If the right person is you, step into the driver's seat.
● Finances: Leases, commissions, family obligations -- they're all adding up, not to mention taking their toll. You can't let yourself out of your responsibilities, but find a risk-free way to blow off some steam.
● Love: You want a new attitude toward romance, but in order to get it, you'll have to do things differently. Aren't you tired of just standing there and flapping your wings? It's time to test them out and soar.
● General: Hurry up and wait. One step forward and two steps back. That's how you're feeling today, and even though you can be patient if you try really hard, you're not feeling especially tolerant right now. The good news is once you're over this irritating hump -- once you're done spinning your wheels -- you'll be out of a rut and able to see things clearly. And, with any luck, this particular situation shouldn't come around again.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: You'll have a huge swell of self-confidence to help you navigate the day. It's perfect for interviews and client negotiations, so try to get your face out there, even if it's just to say hello.
● Finances: That it would go on forever was unrealistic, but that it would end with a crash landing was unforeseen. By you, anyway. Seek out those that saw it coming and ask what their predictions are for the future.
● Love: You're in control of your destiny when it comes to love -- or at the very least, a collaborator with something to say! Tell the universe what you want from a romance, and don't be surprised when you get it.
● General: Speaking of plans, don't be put off if you run into a snag in yours. For the next couple of days, getting where you want to be will be tough, and getting in touch with someone you're trying to reach may be even tougher. That doesn't mean you should give up. Your perseverance is the stuff of legends, and anyone who'd deliberately avoid you would obviously have to be a glutton for punishment.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: You have an insight that goes above and beyond your normal skills when it comes to this certain project. Your team is in awe of your ability to pinpoint and prioritize -- lead the way to success!
● Finances: Someone might be persuasive, and that should be no surprise. Times like these bring out the snake oil salesmen. If you haven't been around the block enough times to know this, then lean heavily on your intuition.
● Love: Love and money can create some pretty intense entanglements. You want to say one should have nothing to do with the other, but that's oversimplifying the situation. Take care of this issue right away.
● General: As of this evening, you'll be feeling even more curious than your nature already ensures and more than willing to investigate all your options. You'll be eager for new information and new experiences. There may be a stumbling block or two on your way, but you learned a long time ago to treat stumbling blocks as simple bumps in the road. Besides, if anyone out there knows exactly how to navigate obstacles via shortcuts, it's you.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Someone surprising might be heading up the next project. Give them a chance before you start picking apart their choices. Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, even your biggest rival.
● Finances: That the good times came to an end wasn't altogether unexpected, but the friendships that ended with it might have been. Chalk it up to your own character that you thought the good feelings were based on something other than money.
● Love: Close relationships bring you closer to heaven -- and not just the romantic kind. Cultivate friendships, work partnerships, community relationships. Enrichment comes at you from all directions now.
● General: If you didn't take an oath or write your promise in blood, you might want to consider changing your plans for tonight -- mostly because a startling message or event this morning will convince you that wherever you were planning to be isn't where you really want to end up. You have a new beginning on tap. Better get busy making it everything you know it can be. After all, you're the only person who can.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Keep it as cerebral as you can right now, regardless of your line of work. Your heart is too volatile to rely on, though your passion can still be a rough guide. Emotions will normalize soon.
● Finances: Old fashioned stick-to-it-ness is all the rage. If your setback came with unconscious speed, getting back on your feet might seem idealistic. But it's not if you have perseverance.
● Love: Loyalty is one of your biggest turn-ons. If a potential partner can't measure up in the small matters -- e.g., keeping dates, calling when they say they will -- who's to say they'll come through for the big ones?
● General: Still making that to-do list and checking it twice? Of course you are. You're the very soul of diligence and perseverance -- which will come in handy tonight and tomorrow. Oh, and if you need help, don't forget that age-old expression, a favorite of business managers across the globe: Delegate! Certain individuals are more than happy to take over part of the job. Don't be shy.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: If you have a big meeting and some potentially delicate item to negotiate, be sure to make an excellent first impression. Dress sharp and hone your wits, too. Your fate will be decided in the first seconds of this encounter.
● Finances: Groups tend to be made up of people with similar values. Search out those who are still doing well and find a way into their organization, if only to find out their secrets.
● Love: Your instincts at work are right on, so why not apply that same perspective to love? It doesn't mean treating this like a merger -- it does mean taking a step back and looking at all the factors involved.
● General: The universe seems to be deliberately tossing obstacles between you and the object of your affection. Whether it's a thousand miles, an ex who just won't let go or someone's responsibilities to family, don't let it get to you. You've been up against worse challenges. Nothing is insurmountable if you really want to be together. Find a way around the roadblocks. It'll make a great story for your grandkids.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You may meet a client, vendor or even rival who puts a little pep in your step. There's nothing like forging a genuine connection at work to make the day fly by -- plus, you could always use another business ally!
● Finances: Your boss thinks they know the best way to move you all out of this mess, and their view is wildly different than yours. But don't bother spouting off about it, because neither of you is right.
● Love: What becomes of the brokenhearted? Well, they write books, take up French and meet much more exciting and attractive new admirers, that's what. Afterward, you'll realize your heart wasn't broken -- just dinged.