Horoscope for today - Free Daily Horoscope - August 17 2017
● General: It's not like you to talk a lot. You pride yourself on using only as many words as you need to get your point across, no more and no less. So when your loved ones ask you what's up, don't be offended. They're just wondering who you are and what you've done with their friend. Oh, enjoy it. It's good to keep 'em guessing. Then blame it on the coffee and keep chatting -- they'll be only too happy to listen.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Those old documents are extremely valuable to your current situation. Go over everything before you act or make a decision. Make sure you're on top of your history -- or you'll have to repeat it.
● Finances: People work well in groups, but then so do wolves. Which are you dealing with? The answer could depend on the financial climate, so take the temperature accurately and carefully.
● Love: 'All the Right Moves' could be the title of your autobiography. You know what to say and which cutie to say it to. If you weren't so natural and spontaneous, some might think you've had this planned from the start.
● General: The astrological team on duty today is absolutely insisting you entertain someone special -- someone so special they're downright unique -- at your place. It's not as if you're going to argue, either, unless this special person asks you over to their place. In which case, you won't argue, and you shouldn't. In short, privacy is the name of the game. Big shock, huh?
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Service is the key, and it's up to you to figure out how your business can serve the community. For some it's easy, for some it's a stretch -- but you have to make it happen.
● Finances: If every drop of energy were a dollar, would you still be wasting it on stupid power struggles? You have more important things to do with it these days than spend it on someone who rubs you the wrong way.
● Love: When it comes to love, what really lasts? It's not what everyone thinks. It's a good time to explore the qualities that truly count when it comes to getting a relationship off the ground and keeping it aloft.
● General: You're not quite sure what's gotten into you, but you think you like it. You're still as fun-loving and fond of risks as you ever were, but now you're also looking for a safety net, just in case. That's certainly not like you, is it? Maybe there's a certain person in the picture? Someone you don't want to offend or frighten away? Well, not to worry. Just be a little extra cautious today.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: You'll find the perfect blend of productivity and good times as you move through the day. Others should be sharing your attitude, so expect the whole team to perform.
● Finances: Things have a way of creeping up on you, like debt or a bad vibe. It feels like things were radically changed from one day to the next but they were growing imperceptibly. Now you have no choice but to deal with them.
● Love: Rush now and you might regret it later. You two are having an excellent time, but is that any reason to jump headfirst into a situation that may not last? Enjoy this for what it is and don't try to make it different.
● General: You're as flexible as can be right now, so having to multitask over the next few days shouldn't be a huge problem for you. The good news is all the lovely things you'll be juggling may include hanging out with someone irresistible you cross paths with under quite serendipitous circumstances. Don't ask too many questions -- just enjoy this reunion or connection for what it is.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You'll need to give up a little to get a lot during current negotiations. Anything you let go of will come back tenfold. If nothing formal is planned, watch out for subtle diplomatic motions.
● Finances: You have to learn to be flexible. The financial times demand it. If that doesn't come naturally to you, then you'll have to use your intellect as your ultimate authority over your emotions.
● Love: Sending dessert to a cute stranger you see at a restaurant? This is so unlike you! But you're very pleased when your bold gambit gets results -- and a date. You might add this move to your romantic repertoire.
● General: You still haven't settled down, have you? Do you feel as if you're operating your mouth without engaging your brain first? Well, try your best to get it under control. If it doesn't work, though, don't worry about it. The entire world is going to be quite chatty today, so you're certainly not alone. For once, in fact, you'll blend right in. Some people may even wonder why you're so quiet.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: The farther you push the envelope, the better off you'll be. Don't worry -- the point of diminishing returns is amazingly far off at the moment. Keep plugging away until you see things slipping, then you'll know.
● Finances: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. And again and again and again. If you're not making money one way, giving up simply isn't an option. Work on finding a different approach.
● Love: Wearing your heart on your sleeve has never appealed to you. You'd rather adorn it with a few diamonds and some ribbons and pin it firmly to your hat, where everyone can see it. Someone enjoys your flamboyant style.
● General: You're a sensitive creature with antennae that never, ever fail you. Thus, your internal radar will come in handy today, given the unpredictable, mixed bag of astrological energies bombarding you. One never knows what you'll do -- or what the rest of the world will do -- but your intuition should give you some hints just before it happens. Better keep a chaperone nearby. You'll be picking up all kinds of signals -- even those you'd rather not tune into.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: You've been targeted as an easy mark by someone with more time than scruples, but if you lie low and keep busy with ordinary tasks, they'll pass you by. Your motto? Head down, eyes averted!
● Finances: If the bottom line changes, then your route to it will also change. That sounds backwards but it's actually the way the economy works. Be ready to change your regular way of doing things, at least in some way.
● Love: You've reached an emotional milestone, and now you're ready to move on. Just keep in mind that some people may not be ready to make that move with you. If that's the case, go your own way for now.
● General: You're in the mood for 'just the facts, ma'am.' Nothing more, nothing less and certainly nothing else. So heaven help anyone who decides to embellish those facts or lavish you with unnecessary details to manipulate you. You know all about subtlety. You wrote the book on it, and you know when you're being worked. You'll recognize the signs immediately, and you won't hesitate to spell them out -- and offer help if not blunt hints on how to move forward.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Be careful in meetings -- and especially so in negotiations or other delicate interpersonal operations. Your emotions will be more easily aroused than usual, and you'll need to keep them on a short leash.
● Finances: You're forced to try something new if you want to make money, and you might as well have fun doing it. Put some creativity into it and you might just end up enjoying it more than the old fashioned way.
● Love: Right now, getting a romance off the ground is child's play to you. All you have to do is focus your charm on the person of your choice and say hello. After that, they'll be putty in your hands -- honest!
● General: You've kept quiet about that attraction you've been feeling for a long time, but you sure can't do it much longer. You really need to talk with someone about this, and your best friend or favorite sibling will be only too happy to listen. Better get it off your chest now, and map out a battle plan for when they make their move -- because they're about to do just that. And soon, too.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: It's not a good day for purchasing, but it's a great day for shopping. Ignore all the pressure to close -- just check features and prices until you're fully satisfied, and then make your move.
● Finances: Redecorating on a dime is just not possible in the real world. You or a housemate will have to find a different way to relieve stress. This might seem radical but you'll soon find the idea as comfy as an old chair.
● Love: Set the tone for this next romantic interlude. If you take the first step, the stars say you'll have a very good chance at establishing the kind of interaction you want. Now, what is it that you want exactly? The sky's the limit.
● General: You could spend the next 48 hours worrying about what one of your closest -- but craziest -- companions will do next. But why would you want to? Remember, you can love someone just as much as you want, but you can't live their life for them. Relax, and forget about sorting out someone else's drama. If you need to take a mini-vacation from this friend, there's no time like the present.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Dig through all your old business cards and other networking tools for folks you haven't hit up in a while. There's plenty of social space left in your world, and you can easily exploit a few more connections.
● Finances: Don't be scared by what you read. It's only all doom and gloom for those without an open mind. The more people you connect with, the more success stories you'll hear, even in this financial climate.
● Love: Actions don't just speak louder than words; they practically shout in comparison. Watch and learn as a potential romantic prospect rises to the occasion. You'll be impressed, and you'll definitely want to see them again.
● General: Part of you really and truly wants to keep quiet about what you're feeling, especially if it concerns a touchy subject. But a much more insistent part of you just won't have it and is determined to let it all out. You're currently involved in a heated internal battle, and while neither side has officially won, deep down you know who to bet on. Your feelings are written all over your face.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: You have to make your move now, especially if you're the first to step up to the plate. If you can get in early then you'll have a tremendous advantage when the time comes.
● Finances: Your vision of the future today is radically different from what it was just a year ago. If you started putting financial plans into place then, you'll have to adjust. Otherwise things might not go well.
● Love: Someone's positive response to your overtures has you wondering what to do next. Never fear. All you have to do is be yourself. When you think about it, that's really the most appealing action you could take.
● General: You're still having a fine old time, and aren't even near ready to call it quits. You're probably running on just a few hours of sleep, too, but you'd never know it. You're excited and enthusiastic, feeling as if you have a solid eight hours of snooze-time under your belt. Well, good for you. Consider it a gift from the universe, and enjoy it while it lasts -- in the company of some equally energetic playmates.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: There's going to be a major change in your thinking soon -- most likely catalyzed by an individual you barely know who will capture your attention suddenly. Don't freak out, even if you feel like losing it.
● Finances: The pool of money is dwindling daily but your ambition isn't. Maintaining your slice of the pie means getting a bigger percentage. Take this into consideration when helping yourself.
● Love: Blowing off friends for a cute prospect is a violation of the friendship rules. However, explaining to your friends how hard it's been to schedule some time together and pleading forgiveness is allowable -- once.
● General: Today's astrological package includes more than just a touch of passion. We're talking major-league fireworks, in fact. But remember, passion can go both ways. So if you're happy, you'll be emphatically happy, and anyone who comes into contact with you will feel it right away. If you're angry, though -- well, just warn any innocent bystanders to duck. You wouldn't want anyone who's truly innocent to get caught in the line of fire, right? At least fire a warning shot.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Make sure to take care of old business before you deal with anything new. You'll be full of energy, but you might find that it gets directed strangely if you're not careful to focus on the tasks at hand.
● Finances: When the target bounces around, it's that much harder to focus. But with your precision aim, picking winners is not unrealistic, even in this climate. Just don't let your thoughts get in the way of your vision.
● Love: Nothing helps a broken heart more than taking action. Write it out, go for a long walk or put up those shelves around your house. You'll find at the end of it that your emotions weren't permanently broken, just bruised.