Horoscope for today - Free Daily Horoscope - August 23 2017
● General: You've never had a problem with conversation. In fact, you can always find something to chat about, no matter who you're with. But for the moment, you're also going to be amazingly sensitive not only to the words someone is saying, but what they're not saying. Just don't become so wrapped up in someone else's feelings that you forget about your own.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: You have a little too much on your plate, in the budget, or maybe even on your staff. Now is the time to trim the fat. Look for the low-hanging fruit and try to make it as painless as possible.
● Finances: Patience was never more virtuous than today. Or is it the person who has patience who is virtuous? Either way, you know you need more of it in today's climate, so look into acquiring some.
● Love: Stop obsessing about an old love or that perfect date. It may take a while, but you need to examine the root causes of this compulsion. Once you do, the energy and space you open up will create room for real love.
● General: Luck is still in the air. Big time. But no one is going to be as lucky in love as you -- as if you ever needed any help in that department. Your usual magnetic charm will be running on high, but you'll also be incredibly perceptive. It's almost not fair. The only thing you can do to make it up to everyone else is to share something they all want: a bit of your time. It's the least you can do...
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Something that looks too good to be true lands in your lap, and you won't know whether to risk it or let it pass. Use your judgment, but don't expect miracles -- most things like this are usually quite disappointing.
● Finances: Having extra money is starting to feel like a luxury. Don't let that stress you out, though. Having enough to cover the basics is hardly a crisis, and that thought should be enough to put you at ease, at least for now.
● Love: A random meeting, conversation or coincidence isn't quite so random after all. Every moment is powerful and precious -- and lately, they all carry great potential for romance. Be aware as you move throughout your day.
● General: Don't just sit there. Listen to your intuition. Someone needs you, but they're far too proud to ask. So offer. Go to them, and let them know you'll be there for them, no matter what they need. If this is someone who's been there for you in the past, you might want to remind them of that -- just so they don't feel guilty about accepting what you're offering.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Too many meetings leave you tired and a little antsy. You won't be able to make up for the lost time today, so cut your losses, get plenty of rest and come back fresh tomorrow.
● Finances: There is a lot of information out there, but the trick is teasing out the fiction and focusing on the facts. So go ahead and listen to all the chatter, but only if you know enough to be discerning.
● Love: A step or two is missing in your dating game plan. No, really -- you may have triple-checked it, but something essential isn't in there. What about having fun? Loosen up, lighten up and your mood will take a step up.
● General: Put all the nonsense of the past few days behind you -- it's time. Focus on the days ahead, which will be interesting and unusual. Oh, and speaking of interesting, prepare yourself for a terrific period. Sure, it does not seem like it now but pretty soon, you will have something to celebrate. Start making those plans now, even if you don't have an official reason yet.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Expand into new territory or try a new way of meeting your goals. If you're ahead of the curve, then you'll know you're in the right place. If not, do whatever you need to do to move beyond the pack.
● Finances: Who's in charge here, anyway? When a huge waves throws you to the fore of the ship, you have enough character to take the helm. Don't waste time looking for the captain; head for home port instead.
● Love: Issues on the home front distract you from your love life. Has it occurred to you that these challenges have a lot to say about your current romantic situation? In this universe, there are no coincidences.
● General: Ready to snuggle up, get close and become intimately involved? Well, here's a tip: The last part of that has probably already happened. Now it's just a matter of admitting it -- first of all, to yourself. Then, of course, you need to schedule some quality time alone together. There's a whole array of astral formations out there pushing for you, you know -- and all those love songs can't be wrong.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: It's a good, solid business day for you, and you'll quickly see that your style of communication is really getting results. You'll be tempted to put in some overtime -- only do so if the reward equals the output.
● Finances: Ostentation might not have been a good way to invest money, but it sure was fun. Or was it? Either way, it's not up to you to judge how others spent their grandchildren's inheritance.
● Love: Your emotions are off the charts. Try riding out these waves instead of letting yourself drown in them. Most importantly, don't call up any exes and try to recapture the past -- remember that this, too, shall pass.
● General: Right now, the stars are busy turning up the volume on all your personality traits: compassion, tenderness, and intuition, for starters. Since it's also your time to relax and have fun, you might want to start celebrating now. And if your sixth sense seems to be especially keen, don't doubt it. It is. Your antennae are running on high. Use them wisely!
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Get involved in the creative aspects of your business, even if you're usually far removed from anything artistic. Your insights will be welcomed, and you might shake things up with your input.
● Finances: Even in tight times, you can still enjoy a taste of something foreign. Literally. Travel might be out but an unusual dinner spot is definitely in, and within your budget, too. Do some research.
● Love: Friends and family can be unexpected resources when it comes to romantic opportunities -- and, yes, romantic advice. Don't ask for help outright, though. Just ask if they've ever had a similar situation.
● General: You'll be an emotional creature today, that's for sure -- even more so than usual, which is really saying something. That's fine, though, because what you'll be expressing are all good feelings -- most likely because of one particular person who's just made your day, your week and your month. And you're wondering if they might not end up making your year, too. Dab carefully. Don't smear your makeup or make your eyes red.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: That big project seems more daunting than it really is. If you can break it down into chunks and pass some off to others, you'll do fine. After all, delegation is one of your strongest qualities as a worker and a leader.
● Finances: Even though budgets are tight, don't become a verbal tipper. Express your gratitude the proven way, with cash. Otherwise don't expect any extra help or hospitality.
● Love: Someone would walk to the ends of the earth for your smile, but you're not quite sure -- what was their name again? Take another, longer look. This person might be just what the doctor ordered, you know!
● General: These new folks you've been seeing so much of lately? They're really something, aren't they? You feel quite happily involved with them. In fact, it probably feels as if you've known them all for far longer than you have. Well, that's a big plus, and you'll be seeing a great deal of them over the next few weeks. Just don't forget your old friends in the process. Why not get them all together?
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Don't sit on your opinions today. Speak up early and often and don't back down until you know your voice has been heard. Even if things don't go your way, you'll know you tried.
● Finances: A lack of funds is wreaking havoc on your world view. Things are so strained that just seeming friendly requires extra effort. And you thought money wasn't everything.
● Love: Letting yourself be vulnerable when getting to know someone is a gift, not a fault. After all, without vulnerability, you can't develop compassion; without compassion, it's pretty difficult to sustain love.
● General: Your honest enjoyment of people always promises a good time, and that's particularly true today. You have energy and imagination to spare, and when it comes to the social scene, you can't be beat. Awkwardness and anxiety be gone! When you're around, the fun comes steadily and refreshingly. You can turn even the most boring lunchroom scene into a laugh riot!
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Events are moving very quickly right now, but you're more than up to the challenge. In fact, you'll positively thrive on the pace of business and the adrenalin flowing in your veins.
● Finances: Don't get stressed out by your financial situation. It's up close and personal, and that makes it seem larger than life, but it's really only part of the bigger picture. You and the world can both make it through this phase.
● Love: Exerting self-discipline when it comes to love almost seems like an oxymoron, but it's one of the most crucial tactics you can learn to take. Not every emotion has to be voiced, nor does every crush have to become a relationship.
● General: Yesterday's luck hasn't gone anywhere just yet. In fact, since the universe has decided to grant you an amazing dose of intuition in addition to all your gifts, you won't believe just how fortunate you'll be -- and in how many categories. So when something at the back of your brain starts tugging at you, trying to get you to listen, think of it as an alarm of sorts, alerting you that you really are supposed to pay attention.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Ambiguity will cause more problems than usual with your customers and colleagues, so it's essential that you're as clear as can be in all your communications right now.
● Finances: You need a break. A break in price, that is. But keep your integrity intact. Only swallow your pride and ask for discounts on necessities, not for fun or pleasure.
● Love: Could it be that you're so used to a certain level of excitement that you've started mistaking that for love? Relationships can be agreeable as well as aggravating, you know. Strive for contentment.
● General: For quite a while, you've been considering what to do about your relationship with a certain possessive someone. Should you end it, slow it down or jump right in? The fact that you're not sure is a statement in itself. You may not want to end the relationship just yet, but keep a careful eye on that jealousy. It seems like a compliment initially, but it can quickly become irksome.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Put off any important decisions until tomorrow or later. Certainty will be hard to come by today, so you'll be glad you did. If it can't wait, seek advice and run it by a few folks before finalizing any plans.
● Finances: There are peculiar similarities between your financial situation and those described by old relatives from your childhood. If only you had paid more attention to their stories! Dig into your subconscious for some clues.
● Love: So the harmony between you and a romantic prospect has been a little off lately. That's fine -- an atonal note is exactly what makes music interesting. Keep this prospect on the line.
● General: Don't worry about this romantic roll you're on coming to a close. It's really just getting started. And it's not going to be strictly the romance that will be devastatingly good. You have luck coming at you in all categories. That goes double for finances, by the way, so if you're in the mood to spend a bit more on an extravagance, go right ahead. A new outfit, maybe?
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Take extra time to go over and edit everything. Be careful with your words today -- a simple misunderstanding could cause real problems if it's not corrected immediately.
● Finances: It's hard to make a good dinner even with the best of ingredients, but on the cheap, it's an art form. That's just one way to make the most of a bad situation. Look at other parts of your life where you can get creative.
● Love: Hit a dry spell and stumped for romantic advice? Ask your mother. If your actual mother isn't a possibility, tap that universal mother of nurturing, compassionate spirit. The right answer will guide you to the next step.