Horoscope for today - Free Daily Horoscope - August 20 2017
● General: The heavens are primed for new beginnings -- and lately, you've been champing at the bit for one yourself, haven't you? Well, now's your opportunity. If a financial arrangement is in the cards, don't worry about it fizzling out before it has a chance to bear fruit. You have an astrological safety net in place, guaranteeing that whatever you devote your time and energy to will turn out to be a solid investment.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: If you're having a good time, you'll know you're in the right place and doing the right thing. Keep it up and you'll have a huge success on your hands -- if not, it's up to you to find the sweet spot today.
● Finances: If you walked into a room full of strangers, would you walk right up and shake hands or would you wait for someone else to take the initiative? If you'd extend your hand, then embrace your new financial situation with the same eagerness.
● Love: The human heart contains an infinite number of possibilities and responses. So don't assume that because you and this person have been getting along, you're going to have the same reaction to this event.
● General: No one ever accused you of being lazy -- no one in their right mind, at least. Those who know and love you have also seen how you get when you're really intent on finishing something. So your willingness to keep on working until that project's done won't surprise them. Any newcomers to your circle may be taken aback, though.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Territory struggles might pop up at any moment today, and if so, you'll have to withdraw. The faster you act, the better off you'll be. Stay frosty -- don't let anyone weasel in too closely.
● Finances: At last you're being reigned in. You couldn't rush out and make major purchases even if you tried. But think of it as self disciplined, even if it's imposed from outside.
● Love: Still waters run deep. You see potential in a certain party that others have dismissed. You, however, know just how to access resources in this person that even he or she may not have been aware of -- until now.
● General: It's time for a fresh start, and you're definitely feeling the longing. Oh, that wanderlust -- it's your driving force. In fact, you've probably been pining away for some action for a while now. In your case, however, you may want to make it a very big, very extensive fresh start. And while moving to Europe might seem extreme to some, to you it's just another leg of your adventure.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Break things down into their smallest components if you want to understand them. Right now your analytical mind is at its sharpest, so get to work and conquer those long-standing problems.
● Finances: You wouldn't talk about your checkbook balance with total strangers, but then again, it's taboo to talk about it with friends, too. You have to find someone to share your concerns with, but choose judiciously.
● Love: Sometimes an attraction is just inexplicable, and that's that. Perhaps it's not meant to go any further than this. Accept and enjoy it for what it is. There's no reason you can't have some fun on the road to the real thing.
● General: It's all good news. You're going to be in a fine mood: romantic, passionate and just a tad dangerous. Go ahead and add world-class lover to your already sterling reputation as a peacemaker and negotiator extraordinaire. With this combination of pluck and wisdom, you'll be unstoppable. Stand back, everyone -- you're coming through.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: You'll find a great opportunity to match your work needs with your personal desires today, but don't overdo it. There's definitely a point of diminishing returns in this arena.
● Finances: Take you time. Not everything rides on one day's profit, even if it feels like it. What does rest on today's shoulders is the emotional baggage you'll be carrying along if you react emotionally.
● Love: You have a keen eye for sorting the good from the bad, with love, every person is a mixed bag. The dark parts make the light more visible, after all. Learn to accept the total person, not just the parts you like.
● General: If you're in the mood to shop around for a new job -- and when aren't you -- get out there with your resume and have a look at the options. The chances are great you'll find exactly what you want -- and more. So instead of just taking what you're offered, feel free to do some serious negotiating over salary and benefits. The universe is in an extremely generous mood. Take advantage of it.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: It's a good time for research and learning, especially if you're investigating old business models and arrangements -- try to apply them to what you have now and see how you can make existing situations better.
● Finances: You always thought you could have a good time out of anything, but you may have met your match. Or not, depending on what you make of the situation. Being frugal is harder than you thought to embrace but not impossible to love.
● Love: Foundations take time to be built, especially if you want them to last. You find your normally quick approach becoming much more deliberate and solid, especially when it comes to love matters right now.
● General: Dividing time between working on who you want to be when you grow up and who you want to be when you're with your partner won't be easy -- not at the moment, anyway. You'll have all the energy you need to handle both departments, but you'll have to dig to find it -- and it might not come to you easily. Still, if you give it a shot, you'll do just fine.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: The state of your workspace has been keeping you down lately and hindering your productivity. Devote a good chunk of time to cleaning up and just making it functional, and soon you'll be back to peak efficiency!
● Finances: If you feel combative, keep your dukes up only in front of a mirror, or your checkbook. Don't let dwindling funds cause problems with coworkers, friends or family.
● Love: A nascent love connection really gets off the ground when you throw your support behind your potential sweet. He or she appreciates your unswerving loyalty. Heck, you're pretty pleased with it yourself!
● General: No matter how many errands you have to run today, time and flexibility are on your side. Don't hesitate to push yourself to take on more than you normally would -- you're underestimating your ability to juggle. Just don't box yourself in and cut off any new opportunities because you're afraid you won't have the time because if you rearrange one or two things, you definitely do have the time.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Work your charisma to schmooze the right people or cement that crucial relationship. Your natural charm is at an all-time high, so it's the perfect day for interviews or presentations.
● Finances: Bad, good -- those may be subjective terms, but broke or flush are not. Most would agree that between poor and rich, rich is better, and you don't have to be a movie star to agree. Continue aiming high, Libra.
● Love: Let romance work on its own terms. You're tempted to offer all kinds of aid and helpful hints about how things could be going at a faster pace but lay off. Everything will work out the right way if you leave it alone.
● General: You were absolutely certain you'd never mention this to anyone, but suddenly it's just impossible to resist talking about. And needless to say, 'it' most likely involves someone you find endlessly appealing. Go ahead and dish to a trusted soul. You need to get this off your chest. You and your confidante might even come up with a battle plan that will bring you closer to breaking the ice with you-know-who.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Your loyalty to your employer or client might be tested today. In this case, your long-term interests will most likely be better served by sticking with the devil you know than running toward seemingly greener grass.
● Finances: The health of your checkbook is just as important to the quality of your life as the health of your body is. Put your spending on a fitness routine before one is prescribed for you.
● Love: You're so focused on improving your love life that you can forget the most important part: enjoying what's here right now. If you're starting out with someone, hurray! If you're looking, celebrate the possibilities.
● General: Someone unusual, surprising and quite different from anyone you've ever known is about to make a grand entrance into your life. Perhaps they're on a return pilgrimage, possibly from a far-off place -- in which case, you'll be oh, so glad to see them. Or maybe this is a first-time meeting -- in which case, you'll be oh, so glad to see them. In other words, one way or the other, the universe has arranged for you to spend quality time with someone you admire. Take full advantage of it.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Put your nose to the grindstone and become as productive as possible. You'll need to discipline yourself to avoid temptations, but if you can do that, you'll find huge rewards.
● Finances: If wearing a suit and tie and acting professional aren't bringing in the money, then you might as well start having some fun trying. Being childlike just might be what helps you hit the big veins.
● Love: You're fascinated by every nook and cranny of this person. You want to know everything possible about him or her while you can. As long as they're okay with it, go ahead and dive right in. The water's delightful!
● General: Someone who's near and dear to your heart has been acting strangely. You're not sure what's up, but it doesn't feel good. To make matters even more intense, and even more puzzling, someone you're not sure you trust will feel the need to tell you what they think is going on. Don't shoot the messenger -- but don't take the message seriously just yet, either. Who knows? This third party might have an ulterior motive.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Any movement or travel will go slowly, so try to avoid business trips or even cross-town jaunts if you can. If you're chained to a desk, so much the better -- you can't get in any trouble that way!
● Finances: Finally there is reason to love that family and career are opposites. At least family is there for you, even when your finances are less than secure. Count on them for emotional stability in the mist of financial turbulence.
● Love: Listening is an art form, and it's not one that many people understand. To most people, it just means waiting until it's their turn to speak. You truly comprehend what it means to hear someone.
● General: Your intellectual and verbal skills are always sharp, to say the very least. But at the moment, you should probably paste a warning label on your forehead, allowing anyone foolish enough to challenge you to a debate to back out while they still can. If they're not bright enough to step away once you've issued your disclaimer, though -- well, you can only do so much.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: You may shy away from clashes with colleagues, but today confrontation is going to find you. It may not turn out the way you wanted, but rest assured, getting a conflict out in the open will prevent bigger problems later.
● Finances: Don't lose your radical idealism, even if your profits dwindle. People might look at you with amazement, but altruism -- even in financially trying times -- is still rewarding.
● Love: Stamping your foot and bellowing 'no!' is only cute when kids do it (and even then, not so much). So no matter how much you want to dig in your heels, remember that you're an adult. Talk it out instead.
● General: When you say you're going to do something, you do it without fail. You couldn't live with yourself if you didn't. You've noticed, however, that other folks don't always put as much pride into that sort of thing. At the moment, though, you can absolutely count on anyone you ask to say the right thing and promise their support -- and, most importantly, they'll actually deliver. Enjoy, but don't get used to it.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Broaden your market, or at least the scope of your research. If you need to go global or interplanetary, then you're up for it -- you just have to start looking for the right connections and resources.
● Finances: The profit is hidden behind a cloud, or is it the bottom line that's hazy? No, you're not in a bad dream, but reality is not as bad as you're making it. Pull yourself out of your own reverie.
● Love: Let your friends lend you a helping hand. You're so used to doing for others that you've forgotten what it's like to accept aid. They're glad to give it, whether it's romantic advice or a possible love connection.