Horoscope for today - Free Daily Horoscope - August 31 2017
● General: They love you, and you know that -- but you never expected this kind of devotion. Does this mean you're not really friends at all; that you're the guru to their devotee? If it does, you're most likely outta there. You've never been a big fan of groupies -- or of the people they devote their attention to -- and you're certainly not going become one now. Wave to the people on your way out.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Figure out what to do on the micro level in the morning, and by the afternoon you'll be ready, willing and able to take your plans to the macro level. More power to you and your team.
● Finances: Some people start a fitness routine once a health problem rears its head, but exercise should be a part of daily life. The same can be said of money. Healthy fiscal habits are your responsibility, and it's never too late to start.
● Love: Your best friend doesn't like your current date. This pains you more than you'd care to admit. What can you do? If this person makes you happy, you can't throw them aside. Learn to stand behind your choices.
● General: You've kept quiet for days now. You've even refused to discuss the situation under all but the most private of circumstances. Since you've come this far, another day should technically be a piece of cake, right? Right. Unless you see someone you love -- someone you're used to sharing absolutely everything with. In that case, you'd better distract yourself. Either that, or just tell them, immediately, and swear them to silence.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: Get out your microscope and examine every last line item in that budget before you sign off on it -- and do it before midday. This afternoon, you'll be all about juggling big ideas, not scrutinizing details.
● Finances: Easy cash and good times -- it couldn't go on forever. Even if all you bought was a large screen TV, you were a partner in the romance. And you're in for the heartache now that the affair is over.
● Love: What's that you hear? Those are bells ringing -- and they are definitely not wedding bells. They're more like alarm bells. All the chemistry between you two had you fooled at first, but now you know better. Get out now!
● General: At heart, you're basically a very social animal. You love nothing better than being with kindred spirits who understand you -- which isn't always easy to come by since you're much smarter than the average bear. So once you find those soul mates, you'll do anything to keep them happy. And handy. You're in a very different mood right now, though, and it might feel unfamiliar. You want to hibernate, make the world go away. Don't worry, you're not losing your mind. This is normal.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Take care of even the tiniest details early in the day, and by the afternoon you'll be rolling in the goodwill. Everyone from the CEO to the newest hire will be appreciating your skills and wanting to pick your productive brain.
● Finances: Don't let chit chat distract you from something vitally important. Bills are piling up, Gemini, while the idle busybodies are as good as destroying your credit. Block them out and attend to the boring details.
● Love: The best things in the world aren't visible, but they're felt where it counts -- in your heart. So if this person doesn't do much for you visually but makes your heart sing -- well, pay attention to that.
● General: When was the last time you went shopping for yourself? And not for household necessities or groceries -- or for someone else? When was the last time you actually went out to buy yourself something because you've been such a good kid? You can't remember, can you? What does this mean? It's definitely time you treated yourself to something fantastic -- something just for your eyes only!
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Your easygoing attitude in the morning morphs into a full-scale charm attack by mid-afternoon. Schedule any meetings for then, and use your extra wattage to dazzle clients. They won't be able to resist saying yes, yes, yes!
● Finances: You won't clean up, exactly, but you will accomplish something important. Even if you don't turn a profit, focusing on smaller issues makes this a good day.
● Love: You both seem to be in the same groove -- let's face it, the two of you could make beautiful music together! Just because your mother wants to set you up with this person doesn't mean he or she is a dope.
● General: Just this once, don't automatically decide to fight with the authority figures in charge. Instead of going with your first inclination, try being nice. Consider compromising, even. No, it's not what you're used to. But even authority figures get to be right every now and then -- or at least to have well-intentioned motives. It's their turn, and if you're going to be fair, you should give it to them.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Take a few moments in the early part of the day to explore an issue more closely than normal. By the afternoon, you'll apply what you've discovered to spark a new workflow that makes your life easier.
● Finances: Everyone is reassessing their strategies and plans but you already know what the bottom line will be: everyone has to be more thrifty and conservative than usual. By just how much is the second shoe you're waiting to drop.
● Love: Being light on your feet helps when it comes to catching the latest opportunity in love. Go dancing, rollerblading or for a stroll around the park. Someone is mighty impressed by your fancy footwork.
● General: You've been shuffling through that pile of brochures for long enough. It's time to pick the one you like and really look it over. Whether it's Africa, Ireland or New York City, you need a change of scenery, and you know it. You also know you've earned it, and you're not getting any arguments from the powers that be. So why keep denying yourself? Break open that piggy bank, make sure your passport is current and hit the road.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: What's really going on here? Asking such probing questions in the morning could entice you to do some major mental and emotional cleaning at work later on. You'll feel light as a feather by quittin' time.
● Finances: This is actually long overdue. You have to admit that things do make sense, even if they're painful. Take this opportunity to tidy up all areas of your life, not just your credit or bank accounts.
● Love: Your heart needs nourishment, and it's up to you to feed it. Do something that boosts your confidence. Participate in an activity where you soar. Then go out and flirt, sizzle and have fun. That's an order!
● General: Sure, you're tired of the drama. But it keeps things interesting, right? So when it comes up again, courtesy of that family member who just can't stand it when things are too quiet, you'll have a decision to make: A) Ignore it permanently, which will be impossible since you're related, B) Delve in, get involved right up to your elbows and lose all self-respect or C) Tarry around the fringes, and be honest about your curiosity.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: Communication is good during the morning, so use your skills to put any uneasiness among team members to rest. After the confrontations are out of the way, the remainder of your day will be smooth as silk.
● Finances: You're finally have reason to be thankful for a blessing in disguise. Plenty of people are becoming too overwhelmed to go on. That nagging voice in your head won't let you join their ranks.
● Love: Tired of being an eternal Goldilocks when it comes to love and always finding suitors who are too hot, too cold, but never just right? Be specific about what you want from love and you'll get exactly that.
● General: There's absolutely nothing you wouldn't do for a dear one -- especially that particular dear one you're picturing right now. So even if they push your buttons tonight, you won't let that get in the way of showing them the kind of evening out you've been thinking of for quite some time now. Go ahead. Bet they'll come up with a wonderfully creative way of thanking you.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: A conundrum concerning a big project might have everyone stumped, but you know where to look for an answer: the art world. No, really. Some tidbit of culture will give you a tip on how to turn this situation around.
● Finances: Friends need a bail out but you can't help. You don't even have any secrets or tips to offer them. But you can do them a favor by simply doing some financial planning.
● Love: If you keep putting off getting in touch with a certain person, that's a sign that he or she probably isn't the one for you. You'll find answers by talking it out with a good friend or reading a book on your situation.
● General: You're no stranger to good luck. Your attitude is so positive you can't help but attract it. You'll be even more of a magnet for it right about now, however, especially when it comes to your one-to-one relationships. Basically, anyone who crosses your path will arrive with a blessing of some kind. Your job is to spot that blessing and accept it with open arms. You do all kinds of things for other people on a regular basis. It's your turn to receive.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Calculations are everything when it comes to that big idea you want to launch, so break out that slide rule (or call someone who knows how to use one). Applying brainpower will put you head and shoulders above the competition.
● Finances: Just last year the details were irrelevant. Every day was like the Thursday day before a long weekend. But now every last fact has to be checked, and there's no rushing past them into the waiting arms of your loan. Patience.
● Love: You're filled with sympathy for your friends when you hear about their romantic trials and tribulations, so how about a little sympathy for yourself, huh? Really, self-love is the key to understanding.
● General: You're going to be a very happy camper for the next couple of days, and it all starts now. Wanderlust has cast a spell on you -- the kind of spell that makes it impossible to say no to a trip, a class or a new experience of any kind. Anything that appeals to your curiosity or helps you stretch your mind will be absolutely irresistible.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Run that fine-tooth comb through everything today and don't hesitate to review your work. Rushing ahead might actually take up more of your time, especially if you miss a crucial detail and have to backtrack to cover it.
● Finances: No amount of research could have prepared you for today's situation, but that doesn't get you off the hook. You're still obligated to find facts for tomorrow, so dig into the details.
● Love: Step on it! The stars give you an unprecedented boost in the charm department. You could make statues smile. So get to a party, go dancing or take a long walk in the park. You've got people to meet!
● General: That old expression, if you ignore them, they'll go away? Well, that might not always hold true, but right now it just so happens to be quite accurate -- especially when it comes to a certain family member or friend who seems intent on obsessing over something neither you has any control over. Explain this once, then put some distance between the two of you until they get over it.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: It's a great time to explain your point of view or make the case for your side of an argument -- you'll be quite convincing. If you're impressed by your words, imagine what others will think about your ability to articulate.
● Finances: Be careful in business. It's hard to be ready for all possibilities, but you do have to have a contingency plan up your sleeve. Prepare one now, because once you're dealing with others, it will be too late.
● Love: A certified heartbreaker is interested in you. After the initial flattery passes, you wonder if you're really interested in them. After all, they come with quite a reputation -- not to mention baggage. Think it over.
● General: Regardless of where you are when the urge strikes you to say exactly what's on your mind, you won't be able to stop yourself. Not even a little bit. So before you make your plans for the day -- and for tomorrow, too, just to be safe -- you'd better make sure to surround yourself with people you've always been on the same page with. It's called troubleshooting.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Something your boss mentioned obliquely a few days ago suddenly starts to make sense this morning. By the afternoon, you'll see its far-reaching implications, and you'll even come up with a few ideas to put it into practice.
● Finances: The words Just Do It may still be ringing in your ears, but the days of acting on them are over. You need to know all the facts before hand, and so do your creditors. Go in prepared.
● Love: It's time to unlearn a few old habits when it comes to your love life. These old routines can be smashed to smithereens if you give the go-ahead. And you do want to move on -- or don't you?