Horoscope for today - Free Daily Horoscope - September 1 2017
● General: You foolishly thought that just this once, you could actually be the member of a group, not its leader. Still, you know what needs to be done. When someone comes to you meekly with stacks of yellow legal pads and Sharpie markers, trying to get you to please, please help them, you won't refuse. You will put your foot down, though, because you're not going to do this alone. You need a squad -- the kind that won't give you any lip.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Go ahead and polish your nameplate, but don't spend too much time on it. You might just be movin' on up to that big corner office sooner than you think -- just don't forget those who helped you get there along the way.
● Finances: When the details start to get too frustrating, there's no point in rushing ahead. You won't be of service to anyone without a break, so work some exercise into your number crunching.
● Love: Overreacting when date plans are postponed will just add more fuel to something that doesn't have to be a fire in the first place. Try a relaxed approach -- this will garner the results that you desire.
● General: That secret you've been lugging around? It's obviously at the very forefront of your mind, and you just can't stop yourself from thinking about it. But you'd better make a decision about whether to hang on to it or spill it. Based on the number of times you've come within inches of revealing everything without even meaning to, you may not have a choice much longer.
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: You're the incarnation of cool right now, and you're thinking about ways to innovate at the office and beyond. Write down all the ideas you're having so none of them escape -- a few of these schemes are actually viable.
● Finances: If you're not where you should be, you will be soon. Cash might open the door and ease your in, but you still have to take it from there. No amount of money can take the place of charm, and you have that in abundance.
● Love: Take a step in the right direction. You don't have a moment more to lose on dips, drips or meaningless quips. Think about what you truly want and need from a romantic partnership. Then find it.
● General: If there's one thing you absolutely can't stand, it's a deceptive person. You're a big fan of the truth, no matter how much it hurts, because it's at least something you can depend on. So when someone comes to you with what doesn't even sound like a good half-truth, not only will you not be amused, you'll be disgusted -- and you won't try to hide that fact. Not one iota.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: Take a step back and look at your goals and dreams today -- see what's running on that big-screen TV in your mind. Your coworkers will understand if you're feeling contemplative, and they'll give you the space you need.
● Finances: Thoughts can be misread, but balance sheets? Don't kid yourself, buddy. Calculations should be a science, not an art, so attend to the details before you wind up in a real mess.
● Love: Part of the reason you have so much fun is that you know what to keep to yourself and what to share. Keep that in mind for your next round of the dating game when you're tempted to go ahead and tell all.
● General: Romance and the unpredictable are on the agenda -- big time -- and you're so game for them. Of course, the romance part isn't any surprise. You've been a fan of that tender subject since you were a kid. But being fond of unpredictability is a different story. That's a taste you've acquired far more recently. It's a good thing you did, though, because this next parade of admirers will be anything but routine.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Money! That's what you want. You may feel like you deserve a raise, but look over your performance and evaluate it honestly before you start drawing up your demands. You may just find your productivity has been a bit lackluster.
● Finances: It's a good day to make plans, if you can overlook a nagging detail: funding them. That's a big concern for another day. For now, focus on the smaller issues.
● Love: The line between friends and lovers has been crossed and is getting more transparent by the moment. Are you comfortable with this? Let your natural self step forward and state what you want from this relationship.
● General: You're still mad, and you don't care who knows it. You especially don't care if the person who inspired this anger knows it. After all, don't they deserve to bear its brunt more than anyone? So why dole these feelings out to innocent bystanders little by little? What you really should do is hang on to your annoyance, wait for the individual who deserves it and let 'em have it. It's only fair.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: Deep emotions about your job have to be dealt with at this time. An impulsive choice may lead to additional risk for you and your business. Is this something you want to do or just something you have to do? Think about it.
● Finances: How many times can you review your budget and make cuts? There must be other ways to be economical and conservative. It's time to come up with a new strategy for saving money.
● Love: You're having a big case of "the grass is greener" syndrome. Does the person you're dating fit your needs? Do you have a good time together? Well, then that's what's important. Try not to envy someone else's situation.
● General: You're worried about money, but you don't need to be. In fact, you might even be pleasantly surprised by a loan that's repaid or a raise that comes your way -- something you knew was coming but had forgotten about long ago. That doesn't mean you should get busy spending the check before it arrives, but you might want to think of what you'll do when it does come.
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: Don't let people wipe their feet all over you. Stand up for yourself, especially in business matters. Remember what you're worth -- and make sure everyone else realizes it too. If you don't serve as your own mouthpiece, no one else will.
● Finances: After an achievement, there's usually time to tidy up and get organized for the next one. Not in today's economy. You have to move on to the next project without all the details if you want to stay competitive.
● Love: What's the secret behind finding romance? Knowing that change is a constant. Has it occurred to you that if you're stuck in one place, it might be that you unconsciously want to stay there? Think about it.
● General: You're not in the mood for light-hearted chitchat, social niceties or anything even remotely shallow. You want intensity, depth, and passion in large quantities, and you know right where to find it. Call that friend who never lets you down in this department, and tell them what you're after. Chances are good they're in the same frame of mind.
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: That fat new contract looks awfully tempting, but before you put your John Hancock on it, take a minute. Or an hour. Or heck, even a day or two. You'll want to run this by a mentor or higher-up who can pinpoint the weaknesses.
● Finances: Your ear is to the ground, but even the best listener can't hear the sound of what's coming. But even if it's uncertain, betting on the future is better than doing nothing at all.
● Love: Sitting on the sidelines when it comes to love can be fun -- after all, you can eat hot dogs and make funny comments about the players -- but the only way to make your mark is to eventually get in the game.
● General: One of the secrets you hide so well is that you love secrets (and intrigue and mysteries) -- provided, of course, some romance is at the root of it all. Well, lucky you. There's plenty of that on today's agenda, and you'll be privy to everything. Now, what are you going to do when a friend asks you what's on your mind? Grin, and don't say a word. Why ruin it? You can gossip tomorrow.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Feeling a tad possessive of 'your' project? Come on, try to ease up. You don't have to share it with just anyone who comes along, but you can't be super secretive about it, either. A new perspective could be just what you need.
● Finances: Information is key to planning. Small details have slipped by the wayside, and all the time in the world won't make up for that later. Do your future self a favor and balance the checkbook today.
● Love: This new prospect looks absolutely perfect for you, but you'd still like a little more 411. That's no surprise -- your sign is the investigator of the zodiac. Do an informal background check and quiz mutual friends.
● General: You're feeling uncharacteristically woozy, dreamy and nostalgic, and you're not quite sure why. Might be that person you were chatting with recently, in a supposedly 'casual' manner. Or perhaps you've been pining over someone for a while who's recently restored contact with you. Either way, once you have the conversation you're dying to have, you'll be able to concentrate on work again.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: Go ahead -- don't be afraid to learn something new about an area of your business you've been timid about exploring. Your discovery just might change the course of your career and your life. When it clicks, it clicks.
● Finances: Some details make perfect sense and others drive you crazy. But whether they are rational to you or not is not what matters. They're simply the hoop you have to jump through to get the money.
● Love: Realizing you're dating the right person at the wrong time can be wrenching -- but be glad you saw this sooner rather than later. After a little time passes, you two may just end up being perfect for each other.
● General: Here's another day of feeling everything to the nth degree -- absolutely everything. Does that mean you won't be good company? Quite the contrary. You'll be intriguing, passionate and downright magnetic. Just be sure you don't spend your time with the faint of heart. That won't do. You need to be with someone who's up for anything -- including you, at your most open, honest and intense. That said, think about calling in sick tomorrow.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Personalities can be toxic -- don't let your emotions get in the way of business. If someone or something triggers a strong feeling, make sure you know it's separate from what you're actually dealing with.
● Finances: If you can't make money in your own territory, then widen your circle. The further out you go, the more likely you are to make a deal, so connect with others long distance.
● Love: It's time for you to discover love -- but with someone you've known all along. Reevaluate those last few dates with a more discerning eye, or take a look at long-time friends from a slightly different perspective.
● General: There's no reason to continue letting this thing bother you. You have things to do and people to see -- and not nearly enough time to squeeze it all in. Let go of your nagging concern. Focus on the pleasant things going on in your world, and let someone else do the worrying. You've done enough of that lately. Think of this as a day off -- no, make it a week.
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Prick up your ears, but don't make any sudden moves just yet. Usually you try to stay out of office politics, but something might be brewing on a subterranean level that you need to find and track.
● Finances: There have been days you've been more grounded. In fact, there have days you've been a lot closer to earth. But even though you're walking 10 feet in the air, you should come back down long enough to go over the numbers.
● Love: Your funny, quirky and lovely sensibility knows how to appreciate what's off the beaten track, especially when it comes to romance. Expect the best: The stars say a small gesture will win your heart.
● General: You've been looking for someone to have a legitimate conversation with for days. That means no gossip, no stories from the past and no pleasant, shallow banter. That might be nice on other days, but right now you're after something more along the lines of the meaning of life, how the universe began and the nature of God. If you find someone who's game, you might also discover you have a lot more in common than conversation.
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: Go ahead and tackle those big projects, taxing dilemmas and perplexing office processes that no one's been able to solve -- until now. Your brain is unstoppable and your creativity is mind-blowing today.
● Finances: You can't be too critical of others or the numbers they present you. If you're not sure who you're dealing with, you'll figure it out later, the hard way. Get all the facts ahead of time.
● Love: Why reveal everything when being mysterious is so sexy? That doesn't mean you deliberately try to confuse things -- it just means you know the value of discretion, especially when it comes to romance.