Horoscope for today - Free Daily Horoscope - August 9 2017
● General: Someone's mumbling, and from the rumble of their voice, it sounds like fightin' words. You'd recognize them anywhere, and you're not at all intimidated. In fact, you're already thinking about how to apologize once the debate's over, because you know you're going to win. You probably even know how many sentences it will take to completely befuddle the opponent. Get over the guilt thing. It's not your fault you're better equipped than they are to handle this -- and just about everything else.
Aries (3/21 to 4/19)
● Work: Do you realize you're operating at warp speed right now? Being fast is fine, but take time to enjoy your work while you're doing it. Details can offer amazing insight and spark new ideas.
● Finances: The trickle-down effect has a double meaning. Your subliminal business is being affected by business above the surface. Let that be insight when you wonder why your emotions make you so uncomfortable.
● Love: Take command of your romantic possibilities and you'll find that even the wildest schemes have a way of falling into place. Taking off to Tahiti to meet the love of your life on a whim? Absolutely not a problem!
● General: Although you've lightened things up a bit, you're still not in the mood for exaggeration. So when a certain person starts to feed you all kinds of stories, you won't be patient. Not even a tiny bit. And if they start to try the old deflection technique, taking the attention off of themselves by asking questions about you? Well, that's almost laughable. Didn't you invent that ploy?
Taurus (4/20 to 5/20)
● Work: A strong personality in the office will try to make a risky situation sound like a sure thing. Consider the source and don't get caught up in the moment. Watch your expense account and avoid impulsive investments.
● Finances: Deep emotions affect all areas of your life, from marriage to money. In fact, it's possessiveness that dominates them. Don't let that particular insecurity drive away relationships or ready cash.
● Love: You have so many romantic options at your disposal, though you tell yourself differently. And wouldn't it be a shame to pick a choice because you feel you have to rather than because you truly want to?
● General: Being excessive is at the very top of your list of favorite qualities -- or, more accurately, your guilty pleasures. Alongside it, you'll find a tendency toward the lavish, an urge to overdo just about everything and ... oh, but those are just other ways of saying 'excessive,' aren't they? You see where this is going. Enjoy it. It's what you do best.
Gemini (5/21 to 6/21)
● Work: A coworker you admire has just been or will be promoted. Let them know how happy you are for their success. Congratulate them in person -- your goodwill could spark a nice friendship (and a new connection).
● Finances: It's a variation on a theme, or on a fairy tale. Slow and steady wins the race. The more calculating you are, the more you'll ultimately make, so take the time to probe.
● Love: Your love life was zip, and suddenly it's zap. A new romance unfolds, and it's as if you've never known what love was until now. Let the details slide. It's hard to be practical when you're on cloud nine.
● General: All kinds of unusual, coincidental meetings are happening around you -- and to you. That's just the kind of energy you're attracting right now. So when you cross paths with someone you could swear you've known for years, don't be surprised you already know a lot about each other. In fact, if you're single, this could be a particularly fortunate meeting.
Cancer (6/22 to 7/22)
● Work: Your workplace culture needs a little earthquake to keep things interesting. Make some changes and see how they're received -- but don't worry too much about changing back.
● Finances: You're indecisive, while others are certain, and with intensity. Sounds like a day of upheaval, eh? It is, but dig in your heels and don't sign any documents until you are sure.
● Love: Is a romantic prospect saying that you're just perfect if you'd only change this one thing? Hmm -- your internal warning system just went on red alert, and with good reason. Is this the start of a dangerous precedent?
● General: Being asked a favor is nothing new to you. You're always available when a friend or family member calls, whether they're looking for a loan, a ride to work or a shoulder to cry on. You pride yourself on being a good and loyal friend -- and there's no reason to expect that to change. You may need to think for a second before you respond to this latest plea for help, though. It's a big one and you may not want the responsibility.
Leo (7/23 to 8/22)
● Work: It's a great day to go for broke! Remove that crazy idea from your desk drawer, dust it off and take it to your boss. Maybe ask for a promotion or a raise. It's one of those rare days when just about anything is possible.
● Finances: Being only focused on numbers leaves out half of the equation. You'll never be financially successful without good intuition, so learn to use your antennae if you want to start receiving hunches.
● Love: Forthright and direct: that's you in a nutshell. In this case, you might want to act discreetly when your new sweetie asks you a question and requests an honest answer. Ask them what they think instead.
● General: An older, more experienced friend will be eager to help you out of a tight spot. And regardless of how you feel about accepting that help, you really should allow them to do it for you, just this once. If anyone's earned the right to a little rest and relaxation, it's certainly you, so practice relinquishing some of your responsibilities. It's finally your turn to be spoiled -- well past your turn, right? Have a great time!
Virgo (8/23 to 9/22)
● Work: When you're right, you're right -- but take caution when speaking your mind today. Your boss may have a different opinion, so think before you talk and weigh your words very, very carefully.
● Finances: Forecasts are a dime a dozen. Whether they tell you things are looking up or down, you just won't believe them without seeing for yourself. Doing your own analysis takes some serious digging, so go deep.
● Love: Want to get away from it all? The stars say there's no better time, especially as the current celestial influences link travel with romance. Even if it's for a day or two, the trip will do you worlds of good.
● General: For days, just about everyone you know and love has been telling you that things will get better if you just hang tough and keep your chin up. Just this once, they are actually right. You can stop worrying now, and forget about the thousand little things that have been keeping you from getting a good night's sleep for far too long. Just relax and the stars will work it out!
Libra (9/23 to 10/23)
● Work: So far, you've done a great job walking the thin line between coworker and pal, but someone in the office wants to be your new BFF. Believe what you've heard about them -- keep your relationship strictly professional.
● Finances: All's fair in love and war ... and business? Not so! Doing the right thing makes business sense as well as moral and legal sense, so don't be selfish.
● Love: Surprise! An old flame calls with a surprising offer: They know just the perfect person for you. Should you take them up on it? Why not? Spend an hour or two with this prospect. You might be pleasantly surprised.
● General: You're feeling great and bursting with fabulous energy -- let the world know how you feel. It's waiting for you. Besides, you'll be thrilled with what's on the menu today -- nothing but friendships, fun and romance! Just make sure you surround yourself with the kind of company that can sustain unfettered hours of leisure and entertainment. Your momentum is not for the faint of heart.
Scorpio (10/24 to 11/21)
● Work: Any risk you take today, from trying a new lunch spot to forwarding a spicy email, will likely backfire, so restrain yourself and behave. Right now it's better to be safe than sorry!
● Finances: People are drawn to you. Or are they drawn to your pockets? You've been around the block enough to know the difference, but this particular person is larger than life. That makes them persuasive.
● Love: Love can't live on brainpower alone. You and this person have plenty to say to each other, which is definitely important -- but what about your heart? What does it have to say about Mr. or Ms. Smartypants?
● General: February is turning out to be quite interesting so far, thanks to a mixed bag of heavenly influences. On the one hand, you're feeling especially close to an elder or authority figure. On the other, you're not quite sure who to trust -- or if you can trust anyone at all. Don't fall into that trap. There's always someone out there to confide in. You know who your someone is. Get in touch and start talking.
Sagittarius (11/22 to 12/21)
● Work: You believe work should be fun, but some people have taken that to the extreme lately. Distance yourself from the troublemakers -- no need for an explanation. Preaching won't get you anywhere.
● Finances: The financial scene is gloomy, and you're not likely to win the lottery -- unless it's in your dreams. Now is the perfect time to focus on your imagination.
● Love: The stars link love with travel. It's time to get on the bus, plane or car and find new venues. The change of pace will do your spirit a world of good -- and if you happen to meet a hot prospect, all the better.
● General: Stop glaring at that higher-up from across the office! The person you suspect who is trying to give you the boot is most likely innocent. Just for a second, sit and think about this: What could anyone possibly gain by deliberately getting rid of someone with limitless energy who's always willing to better their last best effort -- which is who you clearly are. See? Breathe.
Capricorn (12/22 to 01/19)
● Work: Be frank and open about your ideas -- that way, your boss will know it's okay to be frank and open with you too. If your supervisor comes off a bit insensitive at first, be patient. They'll get with the program.
● Finances: Stay cool. Don't let panic cloud your ability to be objective. If it helps you remain detached, know that you have friends who can help financially if the going gets any tougher.
● Love: Someone great asks for your digits. You're trying to play it cool and calculate all the odds in your head, but you actually want to jump up and down and squeal for joy. After they leave, go ahead and squeal away.
● General: What a great day! You'll have all the energy you need to get your chores out of the way bright and early. Then, just as you're winding down from work and preparing to play, a team of heavenly ambassadors will arrive, ready to furnish you with a substantial second wind and some interesting playmates from a far-off place to help you spend it. Everything looks good, so take advantage of those cosmic gifts. Enjoy!
Aquarius (1/20 to 2/18)
● Work: Your passion for travel is reignited as talk of an exciting business trip circulates the office. Don't mince your words -- let the powers that be know that you're the perfect person for the job.
● Finances: There's good news and bad news. The economy has slowed down and so should consumption. That's good for the waist line but not the bottom line, so dwell on the positive.
● Love: You have to work on this belief that needing someone is a sign of weakness. If everyone were self-sufficient, this world would a much more boring and lonelier place. Reach out to someone special.
● General: Isn't it about time to wreak havoc on your long-distance phone bill once again? And isn't someone out there you really need to catch up with? Sure there is. If it's a friend, and it's your turn to call anyway, do it now -- why not do it even if it's not? If it's a lover, forget about turns altogether. You miss them. That's enough information. Who cares who makes the first move, as long as it's made?
Pisces (2/19 to 3/20)
● Work: You're tired of slowing your pace so other coworkers can keep up, but that's the way it must be for a few days. Otherwise, egos will get bruised -- and you don't need the aggravation.
● Finances: You're used to swimming with sharks, so you're not afraid when you see a fin. But this is the Big Kahuna, so use extra caution, especially when it comes to signing legal documents.
● Love: An old love wants to reconnect, and their flattery almost makes you think that it would be worth it. Maybe it is -- but before you decide, review all of the parts of the relationship, not just the fun ones.